January 2013 Weddings
Options

Theme

How did you all narrow down your theme or ultimate look for your wedding day?
image 82 Invited
image 35 are ready to party! image 6 have better things to do image41 are lollygagging
RSVP Date: Dec 19
image Favorite Registry Item/South FL Board

Re: Theme

• Options
    I don't really have a theme.  I just kept putting together photos and images and storyboarding and then culling and adding and culling and adding and culling until my images started to look more cohesive.  In the beginning my images were all over the place -- rustic, minimal, uber-modern, romantic, glamorous -- seriously.  All over the place.  Now, I've culled it down to about six or seven key images.   When I see really cool ideas and design ideas, I can take a look and see if it fits my overall look -- or recognize if it's a cool idea that I can let go of because it doesn't quite fit.  When you start culling, something cohesive about your aesthetic becomes more clear.  At least it does for me!  But I am a performig artist, so that is my process for my work too.  :)

346 Invited imageimage 206 Are ready to party!! image 115 Are missing out image 28 Are making me wait Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    My FI and I really liked the old hollywood glamour style of the 1940s. And our favorite movie is "It Happened One Night" so we just kinda went from there. It's not exact seeing as how a silk sheath dress would not be flattering on me, but small details like our invitations, my wedding rings, and aspects of the decor will ring true. We really just decided we wanted a classic, elegant wedding and tried to stick to that. We're both quirky, so it's honestly a little surprising that we're not leaning on that more, but as things fell into place and we realized what we liked and wanted, it fit more with the classic elegant theme we had started with.
  • Options
    I didn't want ours to look Christmas-y or be strictly winter themed so I nixed any details with snowflakes or green and red.  But I still wanted a deep color to contrast with white snow, so we went with Royal Blue :)
  • Options
    Mine is Roses and Pearls (staying FARRRRRRR away from greenery to avoid christmas-y) It'll be a very romantic, elegant feel. 
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    Everyone's ideas sound great!  I guess mine is sorta modern vintage...my colors are ivory, black and silver and I will have crystal elements used as well (in the bouquet, my headpiece, jewelry and the bridesmaids headbands and jewelry).  The invites, menus, linens, etc. kinda have a vintage feel and the centerpieces are simple and modern.  I kinda have a mish-mash of stuff, but I think they all work together nicely.  I'm so excited!
    image 82 Invited
    image 35 are ready to party! image 6 have better things to do image41 are lollygagging
    RSVP Date: Dec 19
    image Favorite Registry Item/South FL Board
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_january-2013-weddings_theme?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:808dddd9-a33d-4d5f-8a47-f091dcd1c99fDiscussion:30666c99-4c72-4121-a7ca-4aeb0f696c5ePost:1e8a0fb9-6ecb-4b87-acc1-9a1416d2dbc9">Re: Theme</a>:
    [QUOTE]I didn't want ours to look Christmas-y or be strictly winter themed so I nixed any details with snowflakes or green and red.  But I still wanted a deep color to contrast with white snow, so we went with Royal Blue :)
    Posted by Jinxed329[/QUOTE]

Iam using red, but I told my family that if I see any snowflake besides real ones at my wedding, I would throw a fit. hahaha.

FI and I both love red so it was a natural color choice for us despite the holiday season, but I love christmas, so I'm actually embracing that aspect...plus there is a ton of red and gold deco that goes up for sale right after christmas so I saved a ton on my centerpieces.
  • Options
    We're using birds as a recurring theme - I just like birds, and like a bunch of others have said, I don't want a wedding with greenery just because it's winter.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards