January 2013 Weddings
Options

Best Engagement Gift

My 22 year old niece just got engaged! The engagement party is next month. I need some great ideas for an engagement gift. Any ideas from gifts you have given or received?
TIA!

Re: Best Engagement Gift

• Options
    I didn't get any engagement gifts and they aren't really that common in my area/circle. I think a nice card expressing your excitement is perfect.

ETA: Actually, now that I think about it, my FSIL gave me a heartfelt card welcoming me to the family and telling me how excited she was. She also gave me a nice personalized hanger for my dress. I still have the card on my desk because it means that much to me.

• Options
    My best friends gave me a planning memory/scrapbook, and my FMIL gave us a his her planning guide! Very sweet. We love them and actually use them.
  • Options
    We didn't have an engagement party but I was in a wedding a few years back for a bride that did. Her two favorite gifts were:

A date night basket that had movie tickets, a restaurant gift certificate, a bottle of wine, popcorn, and a blockbuster gift card. It had a cute note that said "Date nights out or lazy nights in, all that matters is that you share them together". The card talked some about keepig romance alive and doing special things every once in a while.

Another one of her favorites a cute box that had a wedding planning binder with guidelines, and a subscription to a bridal magazine. There was a gift card for the groom to his favorite bar and the tag on the gift said "For you to plan your big day, and for him to get away." It was light hearted and cute.
  • Options
    I got a scrapbook/guestbook that was very nice. Anything that will be usefull for the wedding is great. I really like the hanger idea, too...I still don't have one of those...
  • Options
    I don't know if this is too late, but someone got me a ring holder.  It is SO GREAT.  I have it next to the kitchen sink and whenever I am doing something that I would like to take the ring off, my mind is at ease.

346 Invited imageimage 206 Are ready to party!! image 115 Are missing out image 28 Are making me wait Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

Something unique and memorable, like a Wedding Guest Book Puzzle.  I received one from my MOH and it wasfrom http://www.themissingpiecepuzzlecompany.com. LOVED it and we reassembled it on our first anniversary and framed it.  What a fantastic gift!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards