January 2013 Weddings

let's talk invitations

Hi everyone...I know it might be a smidge early still, but it the next "big" thing on my list, so I wanted to start talking about invitations.  Any care to share theirs?  I can't decide how blatently "wintery" I want mine to be...snowflakes, or no?    And I'm not sure if I want to go through an individual etsy seller, or somewhere like wedding paper divas or even a local print shop.  there are so many options, it's sort of overwhelming.

My dream invites are Cheree Berry,  but they'd run almost $2k even with just flat printing, so that's out!!

Re: let's talk invitations

• Mine are VERY similar to this: http://jupiterandjuno.com/real-wedding-shenice-and-davien-wedding-invitations-with-belly-bands/

I wanted to find a way to incorporate the scroll pattern with snowflakes but it didn't work out.
    My MOH works at  a local print shop so she designed and printed everything, so I'm biased in that direction plus I think you get a great deal!  Otherwise I would suggest designing your own or buying a design PDF from Etsy and having your local printer print them for big savings!  Although my printeri s limited in what she can do: i.e. printing on the belly bands and laser cutting.
  • I am in the middle of making my invitations, so I am bursting with information! 

My wedding theme/design inspiration is Winter in the Woods (tree branches and candles, no snowflakes but fake snow instead, lots of royal blue and black), so I used that as the inspiration for the invitations. I had my eye on invitations my pocket couldn't afford. So here is what I did: I looked at catalogs from the fancy stationary places to get an idea what I wanted. Then I figured out how to make them on my own. I browsed Vistaprint, and ended up designing my own invitation, RSVP card, reception card (which I turned into an Accommodations card, since they ceremony and reception are at the same venue), and thank you notes that match. I priced both getting them as a bundle or individually. Originally it was cheaper to get the 100 bundle (I have to send 93 invites), but then they had a sale and the individual pieces ended up being 50% off. Then, I ordered the exactly color paper I wanted, bought the ribbon, stamps, and most importantly the adhesive strips/dots (not glue mess!). I had the pictures printed with a coupon from Walgreens, and was set to go. It is taking me a while to put them together, but I am enjoying it. I do 10 at a time, and they are coming out perfectly. All and all, the 100 invitations, not including postage, will cost me around $400. 

I am currently unable to add a picture, that part of the website won't load, but I will try again later. If you have patience and taste larger than your budget, I cannot recommend making them yourself (with help from Vistaprint!). 
    White Knot
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    157 invitedimage
    118 accept with pleasureimage
    35 decline with regretsimage
    4 are driving me crazyimage
    RSVP Date: December 15th
  • holy cow, it's already that time! I really wasn't willing to invest too much into invitations, and found some nice ones with matching thank-yous at Target. I'm planning on printing them myself and hosting a "create the invites" night with all of the women that are really eager to help me with my wedding. A night of music, chit-chat, and perhaps a few papercuts.. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I did mine via vistaprint.com and they look nice!  Great prices too!
    image 82 Invited
    image 35 are ready to party! image 6 have better things to do image41 are lollygagging
    RSVP Date: Dec 19
    image Favorite Registry Item/South FL Board
  • I'm doing mine by myself and the cost is about $100 (that includes papers, envelopes, a rubber stamp for return addresses and calligraphy supplies) for 45 or so invitations. I'm ignoring the fact that it's winter and made a vector piece of bare black branches with two little birds sitting in them. Just go for what you like! If you look around and see something you love but can't afford it, there are always ways to replicate it yourself or find someone to do it for you. Smile
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I just bought a kit and matching thanks yous as well. My save the dates were DIYd and came out great but were way too much work. So I went towards something that only had minimal effort on my part. After printing and postage everything came out to less than 100 bucks.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • So, the picture isnt the greatest but I finished mine last night we made 50 of them and it ended up costing about $35 including envolopes.  the invitation and RSVP card& RSVP envolope all slide in under the dollie. we made them totally from scratch and had a blast stuffing them :)
  • I actually just ordered my invitiations the other day. I'm very excited about them because they are exactly what I wanted. 

These are mine, except mine will be in red and gold with dark gold envelopes. I've been very pleased working with this Etsy shop owner so far. She's wonderfully flexible and very eager to help. 

It'll be about 3 weeks until I get them back, but I'm so excited. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards