January 2013 Weddings

4 Months today!!

Wow. 4 months from today exactly. Weird.

But I made an observation of myself today. I'm getting very excited to see my whole family dressed up really nice. I don't get to see my family truly decked out that often. I mean, I've seen my dad in a tux a lot recently for various social things he's involved in, but I can't ever remember my mother in a formal gown and my sisters hardly wear anything other than ill-fitting dresses on one end and jeans and a t-shirt on the other. I'm also excited to see my FI in a tux. I'll get a preview in November when he'll be a groomsman in one of his friends' weddings, but still. Very excited. I'm not a fashionista, but if I had more occassions to wear absurdly ornate dresses, I would, so I'm very excited to see my family in pretty things.

anyone else?

What is everyone else looking forward to the most?

Re: 4 Months today!!

• Oh my goodness!!  Times is going by SO FAST!  I CAN'T BELIEVE IT'S SO SOON!  Our tasting is coming up soon, I'm so excited for that!

346 Invited imageimage 206 Are ready to party!! image 115 Are missing out image 28 Are making me wait Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • 4 months this week for me too!!!!! WOOT WOOT!!  HAHA!!!! 

Hey- what are you ladies doing for themes or centerpieces at least?!  My original date was June but we changed it to January...my colors are Aqua and Gold or Silver..not sure which yet...
    God is Faithful!
  • Hmmm, I would go aqua and silver, but that may just be becuase I can't picture aqua and gold. Our colors are red and gold, so we raided the christmas clearance section at Garden Ridge. We are going to use red and gold christmas ornaments of all kinds because technically, by the catholic liturgical calendar, we are still in the christmas season by 1 day. (Catholic christmas season ends with Epiphany, which this year is January 6th) But our theme is just very classic and elegant. Not really themed so much as just a big grand party.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards