January 2013 Weddings
Options

big dress problem!! need ideas!

So i have an odd situation. My ex girlfriend and i broke up 3 years ago. and both found wonderful men at about the same time, we both are getting married around the same time. she got married this last weekend. (were not friends anymore but have many similar friends) well i saw some of her photos and we have the SAME DRESS!!! i bought my dress 2 months ago and have a few weeks before my alterations appointment. i was already thinking of having lace straps added. is this enough to set them apart or dose anyone else have some sort of suggestion?? help!

Re: big dress problem!! need ideas!

• Options
    While I can definitely see the initial shock and being upset about it, try not to worry too much. You will each make the dress your own, plus have different veils, hair, etc. You will look gorgeous so dont sweat it!
  • Options
    I think that there is enough time between your wedding and hers to not have it be an issue, not to mention, you'd be amazed at how different an outfit can look on one person as opposed to another. don't sweat it. You'll still rock the dress.
  • Options
    I agree with the other ladies. I would probably freak out a bit too, but the weddings are far enough apart, people probably wont even notice. Dont stress too much about changing your dress. Styling will already totally change the look, so start thinking about your jewelry, hair, etc.
  • Options
    thanks guys, that makes me feel alot better :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards