January 2013 Weddings

Honeymoons....

Where are you all going for your honeymoon?  If you could go ANYWHERE, where would you go and why?

Unfortunately, I won't be going on a honeymoon.  I have 2 children (and 2 future step-children) so it's kind of hard to go away without them.  We will probably take a nice family vacation sometime next year.  If I could go anywhere it would be Tahiti.  I love the idea of rest and relaxation in a cabin on stilts located in the ocean.  AWESOME!  :-)

image 82 Invited
image 35 are ready to party! image 6 have better things to do image41 are lollygagging
RSVP Date: Dec 19
image Favorite Registry Item/South FL Board

Re: Honeymoons....

• FI and I will be taking a mini-moon here in town. we're gonna hull up in a swanky hotel downtown for a few days. If we could go anywhere though, I think ideally, we'd go to Ireland/Italy. We'd love to do a combo trip since international travel is easier and cheaper once in Europe. We're both drawn to colder climates anyway. Beaches just aren't really our thing. I'd rather stay in a hotel with a killer pool than go to the beach any day.
  • We're going on a Mexican Riviera cruise, but we'd love to go to Europe!
  • We are going to Tahiti - Moorea and Bora Bora!  I still can't quite believe it!  
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_january-2013-weddings_honeymoons?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:808dddd9-a33d-4d5f-8a47-f091dcd1c99fDiscussion:9b29d19f-35d7-4354-9240-7c9cfd795e81Post:affa0167-59ad-4646-bbec-d3a333a9034c">Re: Honeymoons....</a>:
    [QUOTE]We are going to Tahiti - Moorea and Bora Bora!  I still can't quite believe it!  
    Posted by laurbar12[/QUOTE]

<div>YOU. ARE. SO. LUCKY!  :-)</div>
    image 82 Invited
    image 35 are ready to party! image 6 have better things to do image41 are lollygagging
    RSVP Date: Dec 19
    image Favorite Registry Item/South FL Board
  • were not going anywhere right away, probably take a camping trip in the boundry waters this summer...... but if we could go anywhere it would be sweden/norway!
  • We're going to Hawaii! We originally wanted to go to Belize, but we got a better deal with Hawaii from hotel points gifted to us from FI's parents.
  • We're going to the Florida Keys!  I would love to go somewhere tropical but out of the country, this will have to do for now!
  • We are just doing a long weekend in St. Louis. Swanky hotel, nice restaurants, lots of room service!

We would LOVE to go to the Maldives and Australia though.... maybe we can start saving and go in a couple of years.
  • We're going to Cape Cod. Cape Cod in January=AWESOME! No pesky tourists to deal with. If I could choose to go anywhere, I'd choose Disney World because neither of us has ever been.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We're going camping in Zion National Park and the Grand Canyon and ending with a night or two at a swanky resort in Sedona.  We're registering for good camping gear so we'll have some good stuff with us that can last us for a long time afterwards!  I would have loved to work in some Amtrak trips and maybe New Orleans but it was just too long and too expensive.  Maybe for a separate trip (one-year anniversary??) though!

346 Invited imageimage 206 Are ready to party!! image 115 Are missing out image 28 Are making me wait Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We're going to Jamaica!! I'm so excited. Only about 2 and a half months away :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_january-2013-weddings_honeymoons?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:808dddd9-a33d-4d5f-8a47-f091dcd1c99fDiscussion:9b29d19f-35d7-4354-9240-7c9cfd795e81Post:e854b631-3cce-4057-ba52-e220f6bd5ea1">Re: Honeymoons....</a>:
    [QUOTE]We're going to Jamaica!! I'm so excited. Only about 2 and a half months away :)
    Posted by jpd5127[/QUOTE]

We are going to Jamaica too! So excited!
  • We're headed to Cabo for 5 nights, then flying to LA, renting a car and driving to Palm Springs for 2 nights and then finishing up in Vegas for three nights.  Can't wait!!! Really happy that we're moving around a bit and not staying put for the whole trip.

• We are heading to Antigua we are excited! Can't wait to relax unwind after all of this planning!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards