January 2013 Weddings
Options

Is it normal...

To fight a lot right before the wedding?my fianc and I hardly ever argue and if we do it's over something little but here the last week or 2 I feel like we've been at each others throats like crazy! I'm assuming it's because of the stress of the wedding that's less than a month away. Just hoping I'm not the only one going through this. I love him dearly and can't wait to be his wife but I am almost more excited to get the wedding over with than to actually have it.

Re: Is it normal...

• Options
    I don't think it's abnormal. FI and I have been a bit short with each other recently. But we both have been sick, dealing with crazy families, and dealing with the holidays so I think we both recognize that things are tense right now. Think about why you're aggravated. Think about what is making each of you short with each other. I know I've had to apologize to FI quite often over the past few days for being short with him because I've been irritated at my sisters. Just take a step away from wedding stuff for an evening and be a couple again.
  • Options
    I'm sure the holidays aren't helping either.  Like heroes said, take a little time as a couple to relax (give yourself permission to not think about the wedding for a solid evening at least), and also don't forget to take a little time to yourself too.

To answer your question, the FI and I haven't been exactly on the same page either.  But I've been spending a lot of time with my sis and mom, so it's taken some of the pressure off.

346 Invited imageimage 206 Are ready to party!! image 115 Are missing out image 28 Are making me wait Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    How about with the Bridesmaids?!?!?!?!?!?!?!  UGHHHHHHHHH.
    I just literally screamed and pounded my desk at work.  Thank God, there was only one other person here to hear it and I was venting to him anyways, so he knew why I did that.  LOL!!  UGH though....YES, hurry up and get here, wedding!  I dont want it to be over, but my patience are so thin.  PMS doesnt help either, LOL...  : / 
    I just feel like crawling into a ball and disappearing until it gets here.
    God is Faithful!
  • Options
    FI and I argue on a fairly regular basis because we both have strong opinions and are very stubborn.. so we're sorta opposite right now and fighting less :D but the stress has been hard and I agree, the holidays just make it harder. It's totally normal!
  • Options
    We have been doing the same thing. We've both been working a lot, holidays, wedding. It's not easy on the stress level or the wallet. 

Also, is anyone else sick to death of talking about the wedding?It's all anyone wants to talk to me about. At our Christmas gathering, no one even asked if I had a nice Christmas, it was just "Ready for the wedding? Coming up soon! Wheres the hall again? (we sent out directions cards)" Over and over and over.
  • Options
    FI and I are both very even tempered and I have to say in all the time we've known each other we have never had an argument. It may help that we're older, have both lived through nasty marriages and divorces and have seen our kids grow up and move away. May I give a word of advice? Don't sweat the small stuff and most of it IS small stuff. If it isn't going to matter in the long run, let it go. Pick your battles. I can see where 20 years ago I might have made a fuss about something and now when the same thing happened I literally say "so what". Hope things settle down for everyone soon!
  • Options
    It's definitely normal, as distressing as it is. Even when you try to relax, someone always flies at you with something wedding related. Maybe you two can do something fun for New Year's Eve to "reconnect!"
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I didn't get wedding questions, I got "Are you getting nervous?" kinda pissed me off. I've been with this guy for 8 years.Why would I be nervous about the wedding now? 
  • Options
    We've been bickering too. I think Im just so stressed about the wedding, well the stupid RSVPs actually, that I am totally on edge. And FI has a lot going on with work too, so we are both stressed. Who thought getting married a couple of weeks after christmas was a good idea? ;)
  • Options
    I agree Bucky!!  Not sure WHY I picked January afterall...LOL.  Just ALOT going on at once!
    But I am def excited and it's coming so soon!  3 weeks for me as of today!  WOW.

Take a big, deep breath my fellow B2B's!!  : D  WE CAN DO IT!  (Rob Schneider voice lol)..
    God is Faithful!
  • Options
    Well I Am so glad it isn't just me experiencing this! As bad as that sound at least I feel normal now lol! I'm super stressed about rsvp's also, we've had like 7 our of like 100 people actually RSVP. Now since its so close to the Wedding we are running super low on money as we are paying for everything ourselves..as students. But seriously, why do people not RSVP? It's be nice to go cheaper on the food if 20 people aren't coming...but how do you know? You don't...therefore you end up with leftovers for a month. Ugh. People know weddings are expensive and every little bit we don't have to spend helps but oh we'll..I just want everything to go smoothly.
  • Options
    Yea, I hear you.  We are paying for things ourselves too!  It's def tough!  A few people have chipped in though and helped us with the cake, flowers and honeymoon!!  THANK GOD!  The food is where most of the money goes of course.  Thats so rude that they haven't all responded!!  I'm sorry.  : /  Not cool!

Today is our RSVP deadline...still waiting on a decent chunk of them to come in...it;s like HELLO!!!

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_january-2013-weddings_is-it-normal?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:808dddd9-a33d-4d5f-8a47-f091dcd1c99fDiscussion:c37de02e-8567-4426-af8a-560d055a425cPost:c3f352ac-33d3-458b-b16b-00e5a20062e5">Re:Is it normal...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Well I Am so glad it isn't just me experiencing this! As bad as that sound at least I feel normal now lol! I'm super stressed about rsvp's also, we've had like 7 our of like 100 people actually RSVP. Now since its so close to the Wedding we are running super low on money as we are paying for everything ourselves..as students. But seriously, why do people not RSVP? It's be nice to go cheaper on the food if 20 people aren't coming...but how do you know? You don't...therefore you end up with leftovers for a month. Ugh. People know weddings are expensive and every little bit we don't have to spend helps but oh we'll..I just want everything to go smoothly.
    Posted by megansteele[/QUOTE]
    God is Faithful!
  • Options
    FI and I fought a lot when we moved into our house, it's just a lot of stress going on.  Just think soon you'll be relaxing on your honeymoon (or if you're not going away at least it will be over!!)
  • Options
    I'm a week from my wedding and still have a good solid 80 people we haven't heard from. I stopped holding out hope for responses about 2 weeks ago.
  • Options
    Hahah I was in no way going to wait for people to respond. A week after the rsvp date I sent a Facebook message to all family members that haven't responded. A few days later I sent one to friends. A week ago I sent another message to those that didn't respond the first time. Yesterday my parents emailed and called the remaining 10 families out of 225 families. Only 5 left! Not bad :D
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_january-2013-weddings_is-it-normal?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:808dddd9-a33d-4d5f-8a47-f091dcd1c99fDiscussion:c37de02e-8567-4426-af8a-560d055a425cPost:ea22df5f-630d-4be1-9d4b-cae40ebabea0">Re: Is it normal...</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm a week from my wedding and still have a good solid 80 people we haven't heard from. I stopped holding out hope for responses about 2 weeks ago.
    Posted by heroeswearbrown[/QUOTE]

<div>Have you started calling them? We hadn't heard from 40 people, so we broke up the list to contact each one. 30 planned on coming, and say they sent in their RSVP. Whether our postman is that awful or not, I am glad we didn't do what my fiance wanted to, which was just assume they weren't coming! </div>
    White Knot
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    157 invitedimage
    118 accept with pleasureimage
    35 decline with regretsimage
    4 are driving me crazyimage
    RSVP Date: December 15th
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards