January 2013 Weddings

Winter Bridesmaid Dresses??

Hi there! So I am having the toughest time trying to figure out what to have my bridesmaids wear to the wedding... we are getting married 01-12-13 in Colorado and it's OUTDOORS... I just don't like the shawl look, but I don't know how to keep them warm!  Any ideas?

Re: Winter Bridesmaid Dresses??

• Have you thought about renting outdoor space heaters.  They are gas-burning.

image 82 Invited
    image 35 are ready to party! image 6 have better things to do image41 are lollygagging
    RSVP Date: Dec 19
    image Favorite Registry Item/South FL Board
  • I'm more worried about your guests! I hope you're having space heaters, or you're going to have some very annoyed friends and family!
  • My wedding will be on the same date! My girls are just going to tough it out. I gave them the option of a faux fur shawl that I found on lightinthebox.com and thick pashminas. The faux fur was only 20$ so I ordered two styles for them to try on. We live near Ottawa Canada and often have -25* C winters. They all agreed that neither the shawl nor the pashmina will keep them warm. They decided that they will tough it out and wear the pashminas for our outdoor photos and bring their coats for the ins and outs from church to limo to reception. Unless you are planning on buying them $100 capes that they will never wear again (which is also a style I am really not fond of) there are very few options that will actually keep them warm.

As for the guests - our ceremony will be in a 200 year old church that is very poorly insulated. It is funny that Calliopeoa mentioned space heaters, because that is exactly what the church has! Think hockey arena style over head. Tough for them! They can keep their jackets on, and get warm afterwards at the indoor reception! 

Good luck!
  • a few days ago, i saw a lot of beautiful wedding dresses online from http://www.woweddingdress.com. they are nice and affordable.you can have a try too!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_january-2013-weddings_winter-bridesmaid-dresses?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:808dddd9-a33d-4d5f-8a47-f091dcd1c99fDiscussion:e6fe7fb3-cb21-4b48-ab91-3019a82bee95Post:1802d4e2-7498-4f00-85a4-7b7c83dee634">Re: Winter Bridesmaid Dresses??</a>:
    [QUOTE]My wedding will be on the same date! My girls are just going to tough it out. I gave them the option of a faux fur shawl that I found on lightinthebox.com and thick pashminas. The faux fur was only 20$ so I ordered two styles for them to try on. We live near Ottawa Canada and often have -25* C winters. They all agreed that neither the shawl nor the pashmina will keep them warm. They decided that they will tough it out and wear the pashminas for our outdoor photos and bring their coats for the ins and outs from church to limo to reception. Unless you are planning on buying them $100 capes that they will never wear again (which is also a style I am really not fond of) there are very few options that will actually keep them warm. As for the guests - our ceremony will be in a 200 year old church that is very poorly insulated. It is funny that Calliopeoa mentioned space heaters, because that is exactly what the church has! Think hockey arena style over head. Tough for them! They can keep their jackets on, and get warm afterwards at the indoor reception!  Good luck!
    Posted by asha87[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>
    </div><div>My wedding is the same date!! I have been looking for wrap/shaws that arent $80 and after reading your post I saw the ones on lightinthebox.com and was wondering if you received your order from them yet and if the quality is good? If its a good website?

</div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards