January 2013 Weddings

Too soon to buy a dress?

I've found this dress on etsy that I really like, and the best part is it's only $100. I'm just afraid that because I have so long to wait for my wedding I'm going to end up finding something else I love even more. Do you think it's too soon to buy a dress? When is everyone else planning on buying dresses?

Re: Too soon to buy a dress?

• Can we see the dress? I found a great dress on Etsy but it's made by a woman that owns a brick and motar bridal store and definitely costs more than $100. 

I'm planning on buying my dress about a year out from the wedding, which for me will be January 2012. Buying it too soon means you run the risk of having a wandering eye and finding another dress. Also, styles come and go and if you buy the dress now you have to be super careful of gaining or losing too much weight. 
    Anniversary
  • Unfortunately I don't have a computer for another week so I've been using my phone can't provide a link. It's actually not even a wedding dress, just a a plain white tea length dress. I love it because I can do lots of add-ons for the wedding, like a crinoline and jewled sash, and still wear it after the wedding (obviously I've been thinking about it all day, haha :-) ). I think I'll just sit on it for a little bit, and if I still want it in a couple of months I'll go ahead and order it. Its just so hard to wait to buy things! Even though I'm very happy with the date we chose, sometimes I wish we were getting married sooner!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards