Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul
Options

Greysolon Ballroom -

Has anyone gotten married at The Greysolon Ballroom in Duluth?  I just saw this post on TheKnot.com about this offer and my sister is considering it.
http://community.theknot.com/cs/ks/blogs/twin_cities_wedding_blog/archive/2012/06/19/giveaway-alert-free-room-rental-for-2012-wedding-dates.aspx

Re: Greysolon Ballroom -

• Options
    hippoloverhippolover member
    First Comment
    edited June 2012
    Although, I have not had my wedding there, it sure is a beautiful location.  There might be some brides on the MN board that had some reviews.  I know some one them are from the Duluth area.  Its not as active as this board, but they might be able to help too.

GL!
  • Options
    I live in Duluth and considered the Greysolon. It is really beautiful but ultimately decided against it because the room we would get (based on the size of the guest list) had pillars everywhere and it looked difficult for guests to see and also for dancing. Also they rent out the ballroom (larger) and the moorish room (smaller) so there may be another wedding party in the building at the same time. There is also low income housing in the upper floors of the building and some of the residents look a bit sketchy.

Please check out their website and visit the space if your sister is interested. It is really beautiful and the food is good.
  • Options
    Thanks for the feedback!
  • Options
    I've been to several weddings at Greysolon and just booked our 2013 date for there.  Its a wonderful and beautiful building.  We're doing the upper ballroom which can fit 300 and what I loved most is that you pretty much only have to decorate tables because the rest is beautiful.  If you do the ballroom, you get the bridal suite to get ready in, the fire-side room for the boys, and the west wing lounge for your bar. 

Jax the coordinator there is awesome and she really keeps an eye on things.  In all the weddings I've been to there, I've never had an issue with the residents that live above the venue.  You usually just see them sitting outside the building and I've never been bothered by them.  Let me know if you have other questions.  :)
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_minnesota-minneapolis-st-paul_greysolon-ballroom?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:81Discussion:0063bb6c-0709-44f8-b177-f7a6ea582282Post:62980e26-9e8c-4bba-8bdb-3fc31ab02750">Re: Greysolon Ballroom -</a>:
    [QUOTE]There is also low income housing in the upper floors of the building and some of the residents look a bit sketchy.
    Posted by mbatzlaff[/QUOTE]

<div>It's actually HUD senior housing. Prior to moving to Mpls I was an accountant for the company that owns/manages Greysolon Plaza (not the ballroom but the building itself) and my office was on the mezzanine level. I'm amazed that you would label fixed-income seniors as "sketchy". </div><div>
    </div><div>OP, my guess is that the deal advertised is for the Moorish Room on the ground level of the bulding. My biggest concern would be that A) the bathrooms are upstairs on the ballroom level and B) there is a bar/lounge on the same level as the Moorish Room. </div>
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards