Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul
Options

Venues can bring own liquor/food

A family friend asked me what venues they can bring in their own alcohol/food. For our wedding we didn't worry about this and had a much larger budget, but they can't go over $10k. I know there's been a million posts on here about venue suggestions for things like this - anyone have links to those posts, or know which venues would fit what they are looking for? TIA!
imageLilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Venues can bring own liquor/food

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh, and she said they need to be able to fit 250 guests. Thanks!
  • Options
    hippoloverhippolover member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have heard good things about the Eagan Community Center.  :) I know you can bring your own stuff. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Gardian Angels social hall in oakdale, you can bring everything in, including alcohol. That is where i am having my reception cause we can bring in our own alcohol which is then served by bartenders. I was going to do the Eagan community center, but you can't bring in your own alcohol :( Or caterer :( I believe they give you a list to choose from.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Check out County parks with Pavilions- No catering requirements for most of them. Typically hard liquor is out, but beer and wine allowed at many. 

Check out city parks too... although in my search I found the county ones to be more open from restrictions. 
  • Options
    newlyseliskinewlyseliski member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    St. Patrick's in Inver Grove Heights
    St. Peter's in North Saint Paul
    Polish National American (PNA) Hall in NE Minneapolis
    Stillwater County Courthouse
    Shoreview Community Center (Open catering, but in-house alcohol)
    Murzyn Hall in Columbia Heights
    Harriet Island Pavilion in St. Paul
    Cinema Ballroom in St. Paul
    Halls at St. Kate's and Macalaster
    Little Log House Pioneer Village in Hastings

That's all I can think of off the top of my head for now... it's also helpful to start with caterer websites.  There are a number of very affordable caterers like Classic Catering, Deco Catering or Divine Swine that have really good lists of halls that are open for them.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_minnesota-minneapolis-st-paul_venues-can-bring-own-liquorfood?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:81Discussion:05346e47-af04-4646-adf7-0deb98157dd8Post:b3c94e12-40b2-4a04-8f03-2c243414bcc3">Re: Venues can bring own liquor/food</a>:
    [QUOTE]St. Patrick's in Inver Grove Heights St. Peter's in North Saint Paul Polish National American (PNA) Hall in NE Minneapolis Stillwater County Courthouse Shoreview Community Center (Open catering, but in-house alcohol) Murzyn Hall in Columbia Heights Harriet Island Pavilion in St. Paul Cinema Ballroom in St. Paul Halls at St. Kate's and Macalaster Little Log House Pioneer Village in Hastings That's all I can think of off the top of my head for now... it's also helpful to start with caterer websites.  There are a number of very affordable caterers like Classic Catering, Deco Catering or Divine Swine that have really good lists of halls that are open for them.
    Posted by newlyseliski[/QUOTE]

Great list, thanks!
  • Options
    MeganJ89MeganJ89 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You can't bring in your own food but Profile Event Center in Minneapolis lets you bring your own alcohol and they include a ton of stuff in their food minimum (cake, food, all rental items, centerpieces, etc.) so its easy to stay on budget. Plus the hall rental as well as full staff is technically free as long as you meet your minimum so that is really nice. (We are having our wedding there in 2 weeks so we have a lot of experience working with them).
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_minnesota-minneapolis-st-paul_venues-can-bring-own-liquorfood?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:81Discussion:05346e47-af04-4646-adf7-0deb98157dd8Post:f64f19cc-1d12-4d2c-9a95-908419f476a3">Re: Venues can bring own liquor/food</a>:
    [QUOTE]You can't bring in your own food but Profile Event Center in Minneapolis lets you bring your own alcohol and they include a ton of stuff in their food minimum (cake, food, all rental items, centerpieces, etc.) so its easy to stay on budget. Plus the hall rental as well as full staff is technically free as long as you meet your minimum so that is really nice. (We are having our wedding there in 2 weeks so we have a lot of experience working with them).
    Posted by MeganJ89[/QUOTE]

I definitely recommend the PEC, but with how much their minimums have gone up it would be difficult to stay under a 10K budget there, esp. with 250 people. I second Little Log House, it's a gorgeous venue.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards