Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul

30-Day Shred -- AGGGGHHH!

I've heard some good things about Jillian Michael's 30-Day Shred DVD, so I went out and bought it. I've finished 2 days so far, and I am SO feeling the burn.

Has anyone tried this workout? What are your recos in terms of:
-doing it every day
-transitioning from Level 1-2-3
-switching back and forth between levels
-how much weight did you lose, or did you bulk up?

Thanks so much in advance! (still burning over here ...)
Married and lovin' it!
Our Wedding! (click.)

Re: 30-Day Shred -- AGGGGHHH!

• hkieslinghkiesling member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The first day I tried it, I couldn't sit down or stand up normally for four days!  Sorry, no advice on how to progress, other than to stick with it...it does get easier.
  • Suszq002Suszq002 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have been using the 30 day shred for 2 weeks now.  I only do it 3 times a week.  I have only lost a couple of pounds, but I can definitely tell that I am toning up.  My FI sometimes does the DVD with me.  I think he gets more of a workout from it then I do! :) 
  • hjh444hjh444 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I do it 3 times a week along with running and i think level one and two are similar, they leave me a little sore...level 3 kicks my ass!! I have to do the modified (easier) moves for some of them.  I just started dieting last week along with my exercise and i've lost 2 lbs so far...two lbs a week is good enough for me.
  • edited December 2011
    I did the full 30 day shred challenge last spring. I did it every single day except for two days that I missed out on it. I have heard people doing 10 days of each level but I only did the first level for 4 days cuz I was too excited to see what level 2 was like. I did that for about 10 days, then moved onto level 3. I didn't like level 3 much, some of the moves were harder but I feel like level 1 and 2 were harder than level 3. Then I kept doing it everyday but I would change up the levels everyday to not get bored. I can't remember how much I lost becuase I continued to do the shred and I would rollerblade a ton everyday. I lost over 20 lbs. from doing all of that and trying to eat healthy (didn't really happen haha) and I was between a size 0 and 2.

I want to start doing the shred again but I get burnt out easily after about 2 months so I think I'm going to wait until closer to the wedding date.
    Trying to Conceive Ticker "All that I'm after is a life full of laughter, As long as I'm laughing with you" Planning Bio image
  • amberh0515amberh0515 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've never been off of level 1 because it takes me several days to recover!

Like PP, I would say do it everyother day or so and cross train with eliptical or something else that will keep you moving without straining too much.

Good luck!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    P.S. The program is designed to be done everyday.
    Trying to Conceive Ticker "All that I'm after is a life full of laughter, As long as I'm laughing with you" Planning Bio image
  • debbieupperdebbieupper member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks, everyone! I started last night as "day one," then this morning did it again. I'm definitely sore, but I'm not convinced I can lose 20 lbs on this. I've also been using an iPhone app called "Lose it!" to track my food/calories/exercise, and I definitely go over my "budget" almost every day. Oops. Too many cake tastings.

I'm pretty sore right now, but if it doesn't get worse than this I think I'll be fine to continue on with day 3 without a break. We shall see!
    Married and lovin' it!
    Our Wedding! (click.)
  • edited December 2011
    Love the 30 Day Shred! Jillian Michaels kicks your ass into shape! I did get burnt out on it after awhile too, though, so I'm also planning on waiting to start it up again before my b-pics and then again before the wedding.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    If you like the toning aspect of the Shred but are concerned about overall results, look into doing Body for Life. It's 12 weeks, no counting calories, just lean proteins/complex carbs and intensive weight training offset by a 20 min cardio plan. I did it in college and totally loved it and I just started it again. (I DESPISE tracking calories, points, etc. and I love lifting so BFL works for me.)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011

I did the 30 day shred for 30 days 10 days each level and it showed when I was done... I loved how short the work out was but how I could feel it everywhere afterwards. I felt much more toned after doing it.. like veijes I got bored and burnt out so now I am rotating and doing the elliptical and free wts inbtw. I have lost 10lbs but that went along with eating healthier... I dropped a jean size whichI love :)

• edited December 2011
    I used the 30 day shred about 3 times a week for 8 weeks. I didn't actually lose any weight according to the scale but I got much much more toned. And the hubby noticed.  I highly recommend the DVD. I actually should start using it again just because I enjoyed it. I started out with 2 lb weights. And would love to go to three lbs. That would really kick my butt.
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks for posting this, you have convinced me to buy it!  I am going to start Monday, I have been looking for something to do this winter.  When spring rolls around this is going to be such an addition to running, I can't wait!

Thanks to all you ladies for posting your thoughts on it too!
    Anniversary Vacation
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards