Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul

Poll Time

Lots of new faces + boring Friday = time for a poll!WR1. Your name and FI's name2. Wedding date3. Venue(s)4. How long have you been on The Knot's message boards?5. Favorite part of planning so far?NWR1. What is your biggest pet peeve?2. What type of shoes are you wearing right now?3. What plans do you have for the weekend?4. How many states have you lived in?5. If you could change one thing in your house, what would it be?
Our big girl, Cora, and our sneaky kitty, Roxy

Visit The Nest!Visit The Nest!

Re: Poll Time

• edited December 2011
    WR1. Jackie and Cameron2. 9-19-093. We're actually getting married in Northern WI, but I've had to find all my vendors down here (such as Sassafras for flowers- they rock!)4. Um, maybe a couple months?  I can't remember.  I signed up right after we got engaged (last October), but wasn't active on the boards until recently.5. Visualizing the whole day in my head and how everything is going to go.NWR1. Terrible drivers2. Flip flops (don't tell my boss)3. Camping and fishing w/FI on Leech Lake, yay!4. Four (CO, WI, IL, MN)5. Add a wood-burning stove
  • hkieslinghkiesling member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    WR1. Your name and FI's name   Heather and Justin2. Wedding date   October 3, 20093. Venue(s)   Our church and Summit Manor4. How long have you been on The Knot's message boards?   Oh, since about August 20085. Favorite part of planning so far?   I'm super type A and detail oriented, so this has become an obsession for me.NWR1. What is your biggest pet peeve?    Other drivers.  Not you, of course, but you know who I mean.2. What type of shoes are you wearing right now?   Tennis shoes3. What plans do you have for the weekend?   Invites, tearing out some carpet (refinishing the stairs next weekend), and handing out fliers for a block party4. How many states have you lived in?   Two - WI and MN5. If you could change one thing in your house, what would it be?    We've changed a lot already (windows, bathtub, flooring, painting, kitchen remodel, insulation, network wiring, updating electrical, landscaping...).  Our current project is converting FI's old "band room" to an office now that they've switched to another member's studio space.
  • leahluleahlu member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    1) Cassie and Steve2) May 22, 20103) Easter Lutheran Church and Eagan Community Center (both in Eagan)4) I've been on here for about 8 months, shortly after we got engaged5) All the dreaming as I look through wedding magazines1) Motorcyclists who don't wear helmets, people who write 'should've' as 'should of'2) None, sitting at my desk with my shoes kicked off3) Out to dinner for dad's birthday, otherwise lame usual stuff like cleaning and grocery shopping4) Two5) get all the spiders out!
  • edited December 2011
    WR.1. Felicia and Michael2. June 13, 20093. Medina Golf and Country Club4. Early 20085. That it's over with!NWR:1. People who are late!2. Aldo3. Tonight going to Chanhassen with M, Tomorrow going to the jewelery store and a friend's bday, Sunday trying to convince M to paint the sunroom4. 2 (WI and MN)5. The sunroom would be magically be revamped and decorated!
  • edited December 2011
    WR1. Your name and FI's name  Mary and Matthew2. Wedding date  July 11, 20093. Venue(s)  Bearpath Golf & Country Club4. How long have you been on The Knot's message boards?  16 ish months5. Favorite part of planning so far?  All done- totally looking forward to getting my pictures back this weekend!!NWR1. What is your biggest pet peeve?  When people leave voice messages about NOTHING "Hi it's Katie, it's 2:49pm, just wanted to say hi, call me when you get this..."2. What type of shoes are you wearing right now?  Flip flops3. What plans do you have for the weekend?  Movie night tonight, work tomorrow and then a Birthday party/pub crawl, Sundaywe're going to the waterpark in Eagan for customer appreciation day for Edina Realty.4. How many states have you lived in?  25. If you could change one thing in your house, what would it be?  TWO sinks in the bathroom- I hate sharing a bathroom with a boy :)
    imageimage
  • edited December 2011
    WR1. Jenny and Mike2. 09.19.093. St. Bernard's and Roseville Radisson4. since engagement (July 2008)5. designing paper products (I think I was a graphic designer in past life)NWR1. people who act like they are better than everyone else2. none, they are under my desk3. On my own FI is out of town, drinks tonight w/ a friend, shower on Sunday4. 3- MN, AZ, TX5. update kitchen appliances
    imageimageimage
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    WR1. Your name and FI's name Rachel and Eduardo (if you couldn't tell from me screen name ;)2. Wedding date  9.05.093. Venue(s) The Rotunda At Carlson Towers4. How long have you been on The Knot's message boards? About a year and a half5. Favorite part of planning so far? Invitations and getting RSVPs in the mailNWR1. What is your biggest pet peeve? smacking gum loudly and bad drivers2. What type of shoes are you wearing right now? really cute canary yellow NineWest sandles with flowers on them3. What plans do you have for the weekend? We are moving into a new Condo tomorrow and Work4. How many states have you lived in? MN, Louisiana, Washington DC, New York and Havana Cuba (not a state but I lived there for 2 yrs)5. If you could change one thing in your house, what would it be? Nothing yet, we are moving tomorrow, so far I absolutely love it!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    WR1. Your name and FI's name - Stephanie and Anwar2. Wedding date - September 5th, 20093. Venue(s) - Mill City Museum4. How long have you been on The Knot's message boards? Fall 2007... long time comin5. Favorite part of planning so far? Getting RSVPs, and flowers!NWR1. What is your biggest pet peeve? Ignorant and outspoken/loud people. The combo. 2. What type of shoes are you wearing right now? Brown peeptoe heels3. What plans do you have for the weekend? Wedding tomorrow, two birthday celebrtions on Sunday.4. How many states have you lived in? 45. If you could change one thing in your house, what would it be? Storage for the cat stuff.

Zuma Zoom
  • threemarie24threemarie24 member
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    WR 1. Jamie and JJ 2. March 4, 2010 3. MGM Grand, Terraza (Ceremony) Planet Hollywood APEX suite (reception) 4. Since about October 2008 5. um everything...I love weddings NWR 1. biggest? stupid drivers 2. Black (cute) crocs 3. happy hour tonight, picking up my wedding dress tomorrow morning, then heading to the cabin! 4. just MN, however I lived in France for 3 months as well 5. ha, that all of the remodeling would be finished!
    imageimage

Congrats to my super sweet BFPB, veronicafvr, She's a SEP '11 momma

Married bio ? follow my boring blog Follow Me on Pinterest

• edited December 2011
    WR1. Your name and FI's name - Kate & Tyge2. Wedding date - March 28, 20093. Venue(s) - Hamline United Methodist Church (ceremony) & Christo's Union Depot Place (reception)4. How long have you been on The Knot's message boards? Since our July 4, 2008 engagement - okay okay, I was lurking a little before that... :) 5. Favorite part of planning so far? I liked designing/creating/making all the invites and all the paper products NWR1. What is your biggest pet peeve? Rude people2. What type of shoes are you wearing right now? Black Nine West heels 3. What plans do you have for the weekend? A friend's wedding Sunday, the rehearsal dinner tonight and perhaps a date night with DH on Saturday! 4. How many states have you lived in? 3 - MN, IA and VA5. If you could change one thing in your house, what would it be? Own instead of rent, but we're working on it! :)
  • LMK613LMK613 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    WR 1. Lya & Todd 2. 10-17-2009 3. Incarnation Church & Hilton Downtown Minneapolis 4. Signed up last year when i was my bff MOH, started posting/lurking in the spring 5. seeing all of our ideas slowly become reality NWR 1. when someone is stopped at a red light in the right lane & isn't turning right - but i want to! :) 2. slippers - my office is freezing! 3. A little wedding shopping for accessories on Saturday & drinks that night 4. 2...MN & IN 5. New kitchen cabinets & countertops (hopefully this will happen in the spring!)
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    WR1. Your name and FI's name Kate & Dave2. Wedding date 10/16/20103. Venue(s) Central Lutheran Church & The Varsity Theater4. How long have you been on The Knot's message boards? I lurked for a while, prior to getting engaged, but didn't post until it was official.5. Favorite part of planning so far? I just started looking at dresses online and in magazines, and that's been fun - otherwise it was the day we booked our reception site, seeing my fiance's reaction to the space.NWR1. What is your biggest pet peeve? Not receiving thank you cards for wedding gifts (this has happened THREE TIMES! And I had confirmation that they all received their gifts).2. What type of shoes are you wearing right now? None. I am at home, with my feet up on an ottoman.3. What plans do you have for the weekend? I really need to organize my office and go to the farmer's market.4. How many states have you lived in? Two - MN & briefly in WI.5. If you could change one thing in your house, what would it be? When we remodeled our house last summer, I wish I would have had our contractor "shave" off the top of the snack bar/island in our kitchen, and installed one ginormous granite slab on top, making the island more cooking-friendly.
  • edited December 2011
    WR1. Erin and Rick2. November 14, 20093. Chapel of Mary of the Angels/Jefferson's in Winona, MN4. Since December, so like 8 months.5. Taking EPics and then designing our STDs.NWR1. When people name drop.  Drives me crazy.2. Cute black gladiators.3. Retail therapy and going to the Farmers Market.4. 2 (Illinois and Minnesota), I've also lived in London.5. Own instead of rent.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • doxx0048doxx0048 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    WR1. Your name and FI's name: Elizabeth and Adam2. Wedding date:  Friday - October 16th, 20093. Venue(s):  University Club of St. Paul, Downtown Clubhouse4. How long have you been on The Knot's message boards?  A long time - Since February 20085. Favorite part of planning so far?  Searching all of the wonderful wedding and design blogs out there.  I have a gazillion photos and ideas saved on my computer!NWR1. What is your biggest pet peeve?  When FI doesn't rinse off his dished before putting them in the sink when the dishwasher is full.  2. What type of shoes are you wearing right now?  Black peep toe heels, they live under my desk at work and I wear them almost everyday3. What plans do you have for the weekend?  Putting together our invites and working on other little DIY projects4. How many states have you lived in?  4 - Minnesota, Louisiana, DC, and Virginia (current)5. If you could change one thing in your house, what would it be?  Well first off, I would love a big house with a wrap around porch and a big yard!  Right now we live in a nice apartment.  When we move back to MN (about 5-7 years from now) we will definitely be buying our dream home where I won't have to change a thing!
  • rkroerrkroer member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Great topic, I love these things!WR1.  Becky & Dave2.  5-28-20103.  Huber Park (ceremony), Turtle's 1890 Social Centre (reception)4.  Since our engagement in March!5.  The crafting & the attention to details (I LOVE this type of stuff)NWR1.  Typos in any written media (books, newspapers, emails, etc) --- I know I'm guilty of it too, but when I see it in professionally created formats it drives me CRAZY!2.  Flip flops, I love casual Friday3.  Movie night at a friend's house tonight, and girls night tomorrow with FI's sister!  woo!!!4.  2 -- MN and FL5.  I would love to have a dishwasher and a second bedroom (dishwasher trumps more space, but both are on our list for next apt/th must haves!)
  • edited December 2011
    WR1. Your name and FI's name: Erin and Ryan2. Wedding date: 8.15.09 (two weeks!)3. Venue(s): Diamond Lake Lutheran Church and Blaisdell Manor4. How long have you been on The Knot's message boards?: since I was engaged in June '085. Favorite part of planning so far? my dress, and the fact that the end is in sight...NWR1. What is your biggest pet peeve? loud talkers, slow walkers, rude people in general2. What type of shoes are you wearing right now? flats3. What plans do you have for the weekend? I have my last shower tomorrow.  other than that, I am in desperate need of some sleep, so that's what I'll be doing!4. How many states have you lived in? 25. If you could change one thing in your house, what would it be? it would be super if the city would take our garbage and give us a recycling bin.
  • edited December 2011
    WR1. Your name and FI's name Amanda and DH(!) is Steve 2. Wedding date 7.25.093. Venue(s) McNamara Alumni Center4. How long have you been on The Knot's message boards? August 08 5. Favorite part of planning so far? I loved a lot of the planning; picking out the flowers, invites, etc.  But I'm glad it's all over!  It will be nice to relax and enjoy being newlyweds.NWR1. What is your biggest pet peeve? Bad drivers, people that don't pay attention2. What type of shoes are you wearing right now? None, still on vacation til Monday :)3. What plans do you have for the weekend? Hanging out with friends tonight, celebrating a friends b-day tomorrow4. How many states have you lived in? 25. If you could change one thing in your house, what would it be? I'd like to change some of the carpet to hardwood floors
  • edited December 2011
    Oops, I don't know what happened to the formatting.  Sorry!
  • edited December 2011
    1. Casy & Tom2. June 12, 20103. The Rotunda at Carlson Towers4. About a month after engagement so May5. Looking at people's Bio's to get ideas  I'm patiently waiting for cake testing! :)1. People who breathe loudly!2. None - I'm working from home today and watching Rachel Ray right now3. Family Reunion - My dad's side4. 2 (ND & MN)5. Have a Master Bath in the bedroom.
  • jfoss11336jfoss11336 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    WR1. Jessica & Michael2. October 17, 20093. Embassy Suites St Paul4. Just this week. Been using Knot.com for wedding planning, just never thought to use the message boards. LOVE IT!5. Knowing I am one step closer to the wedding with each thing I complete!NWR1. People who are late.2. Black flats 3. Go watch my FI softball game, get some wedding shopping done (shoes, jewlery, etc..)4. 2- Minnesota and Colorado5. EVERYTHING =) I didn't pick the house I currently live in, it is my FI and I don't particularly care for it, but what can you do in the crappy economy? I am just grateful we have roof over our heads!
  • megs2460megs2460 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
      WR1. Your name and FI's nameMeigan and Eric2. Wedding date4-24-20103. Venue(s)Ceremony- Faith Lutheran in Coon Rapids and Reception is Fountains of Ramsey in Rasmey4. How long have you been on The Knot's message boards?Couple months5. Favorite part of planning so far?Everything, mostly getting my dressNWR1. What is your biggest pet peeve?I'm also gonna say stupid drivers2. What type of shoes are you wearing right now?Nike Shox-my fav3. What plans do you have for the weekend?House warming party on Sat. and picking out the guy's tuxes on Sun.4. How many states have you lived in?2, NY and MN5. If you could change one thing in your house, what would it be? Having another bathroom on the top floor  
  • Bimbi284Bimbi284 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    WR1.) Vilmarie and Christopher2.) July 3, 20103.) Our Lady of Lourdes Catholic Church and Windows on MN4.) A few months I guess5.) Going antique-ing for decor :)NWR1.) I have a lot of them, but one of the biggest is cabinets and drawers left open unecessarily.2.) Vera Bradley slippers I got at TJ Maxx (I'm at home)3.) Nothing much. I sprained my ankle last night so I'm just taking it easy/icing it up.4.) 4 (MN, WI, IL, OH)5.) Well I'm currently living with FI in Ohio for the summer, and in his place, I would change the wood paneling. In my new place which I'll be moving into in late August, I would make the living room bigger.
  • edited December 2011
    WR1. Your name and FI's name Kristine & Matt2. Wedding date 8-8-2009 (8 days to go!!!)3. Venue(s) McNamara Alumni Center4. How long have you been on The Knot's message boards? A little more than a year.5. Favorite part of planning so far? My spreadsheets!NWR1. What is your biggest pet peeve? People that can't drive.2. What type of shoes are you wearing right now? Sneakers.3. What plans do you have for the weekend? Final meetings with vendors, make placecards, other small wedding details.4. How many states have you lived in? Two.5. If you could change one thing in your house, what would it be? I'd carve out more closet and storage space for myself. We've been getting a lot of wedding gifts in the mail lately and I have no where to put them!
  • edited December 2011
    WR1. Your name and FI's nameAmber & Russ2. Wedding dateJanuary 24th, 20093. Venue(s)The Mermaid in Mounds View (both ceremony and reception...held in two different ballrooms)4. How long have you been on The Knot's message boards?Since the engagement in October of 20075. Favorite part of planning so far?I loved seeing all the hard work come together the day of.  I'd been so worried that it wouldn't turn out as great as it looked in my head...but it was all just as I'd imagined it!NWR1. What is your biggest pet peeve?Stupid drivers, ignorant people, lazy people2. What type of shoes are you wearing right now?no shoes!  Just got home and now I'm barefoot3. What plans do you have for the weekend?Work, Work, Work4. How many states have you lived in?Just Minnesota5. If you could change one thing in your house, what would it be?That I not live in it!  Seriously.  We had our house on the market for a year and it didn't sell, so now we're just waiting.  Probably put it on the market again next year.  We LOVE our neighbors and I've lived in this town since I was 5, so I'm not super eager to move.  But, I'd LOVE to be closer to work (and DH is going crazy here)
  • LittleSweetieLittleSweetie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    WR 1. Your name and FI's name Angela and Mike 2. Wedding date June 20, 2009 3. Venue(s) Easter Lutheran Church and the Eagan Community Center (venue twins with leahlu!!) 4. How long have you been on The Knot's message boards? Since April 2007, a month before we got engaged 5. Favorite part of planning so far? Seeing it all come together! Loved dress shopping, getting RSVPs, and cake tasting. NWR 1. What is your biggest pet peeve? Office politics and "office space" moments. When papers are shuffled on the printer or taken outright. When people talk to loud on the phone like no one sits next to them. When it takes fifty billion approvals to get anything done. 2. What type of shoes are you wearing right now? Barefoot, but when I wrote the poll I was wearing gold gladiator sandals 3. What plans do you have for the weekend? BBQ and bacon-themed cookout with friends, then a lazy Sunday 4. How many states have you lived in? Just this one 5. If you could change one thing in your house, what would it be? The kitchen appliances and/or main level flooring
    Our big girl, Cora, and our sneaky kitty, Roxy

Visit The Nest!Visit The Nest!
  • jtothelee216jtothelee216 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    WR 1. Your name and FI's name Jennifer and Ryan 2. Wedding date June 5th, 2010 3. Venue(s) First Lutheran Church and The Steakhouse and Lodge in Hayward, WI 4. How long have you been on The Knot's message boards? Feb 09' 5. Favorite part of planning so far? DIY Blogs NWR 1. What is your biggest pet peeve? Oh, there are many..... 2. What type of shoes are you wearing right now? None, I'm at home with my feet propped up ; ) 3. What plans do you have for the weekend? We are painting our kitchen....finally. 4. How many states have you lived in? 2 5. If you could change one thing in your house, what would it be? Updated downstairs bathroom.
  • kristigileskristigiles member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    WR 1. Kristi and Mike 2. Aug 14, 2010 3. Easter Lutheran, Royal Cliff 4. May 09 5. finding my dress :) NWR 1. slow drivers 2. flip flops 3. a paint-a-thon with my fiance 4. just MN 5. that it would be a house instead of an apt!
    August 14, 2010 image*PLANNING* *MARRIED*
  • edited December 2011
    WR1. Your name and FI's name- Mehgan & Christopher2. Wedding date- 09.25.103. Venue(s)- Mpls park tba (not saying until its booked), Five Event Center4. How long have you been on The Knot's message boards?- A couple months I think. 5. Favorite part of planning so far?- Planning, finding inspiration, DIY projects, booking vendorsNWR1. What is your biggest pet peeve?- People who dont pay attention to what you are saying during a conversation because they are too busy thinking about what they want to say next. Bad drivers.2. What type of shoes are you wearing right now?- Flip flops3. What plans do you have for the weekend?- Working overtime, midnight movie at the Uptown Theater (Ghostbusters!), hanging out with fiance and friends.4. How many states have you lived in?- 3, Wisconsin, Minnesota and Kansas. Also have lived in Wels, Austria5. If you could change one thing in your house, what would it be? - Would like to have the hot tub in the backyard already and have our sun porch added off of the dining room. Also, there is so much gardening that needs to be done!
  • edited December 2011
    WR1. Your name and FI's nameTasha & Greg2. Wedding date10-10-093. Venue(s)MN Boat Club in St Paul4. How long have you been on The Knot's message boards?about 10 mo.5. Favorite part of planning so far?having FI involved!!!NWR1. What is your biggest pet peeve?Ignorant people2. What type of shoes are you wearing right now?barefoot3. What plans do you have for the weekend?dinner with friends, then picking up FI at the airport (he's been in CO for a week!)4. How many states have you lived in?5: IA (twice), IN, KS, VA, MN and Rome, Italy5. If you could change one thing in your house, what would it be?BIGGER!  We live in a 800 sqft condo and have quickly run out of room!
  • edited December 2011
    1. Your name and FI's name:   Kristi and Eric2. Wedding date:   June 5, 20103. Venue(s):   Territory Golf Club/Coyote Moon Grille4. How long have you been on The Knot's message boards:   Just about a year.. I've lurked a little longer.. :)5. Favorite part of planning so far:   Going to meet possible vendors with Eric.1. What is your biggest pet peeve?   Liars.2. What type of shoes are you wearing right now?   Barefoot.3. What plans do you have for the weekend?   Buying my wedding dress!!4. How many states have you lived in?   3- North Dakota, Georgia, Minnesota.5. If you could change one thing in your house, what would it be?   That it would be a house, not an apartment.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards