Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul

Harriet Island Pavilion

Is there anyone who will be having their wedding here or been to a wedding here? I would like some reviews on it. Thanks!

Re: Harriet Island Pavilion

• LittleSweetieLittleSweetie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I believe mbgreenwalt and grlygrl15 both had their weddings there.
    Our big girl, Cora, and our sneaky kitty, Roxy

Visit The Nest!Visit The Nest!
  • edited December 2011
    I am getting married at Harriet in 2 weeks (Sept 12). I had my final meeting with them last week and they were awesome. They asked me for all my vendor info and what times the vendors should be there. If the vendors dont show within 30 minutes of that time, HI calls them to figure out where they are and what the deal is. HI also provides you with a good list of vendors (alcohol, cater, hotels, rentals) that they work with frequently that was really helpful for me. You dont have to use the vendors listed, they are just options. If you havent been there, go down there on a Tuesday from 4-8- they have the doors open and there are people there to talk to and they have a huge book of pictures and whatnot. There is quite a bit of info on the website too, but not many pictures! You are welcome to come stalk my wedding on Sept 12 if you want to see the place in action :-)
  • edited December 2011
    I had mine there May '08.  I loved the location and the building.  I was ok with doing a lot myself (and with the help of a lot of family).  The people were very easy to work with to get everything arranged.  I don't know if anything has changed in the last 1.5 years, but the Harriet Island people don't do anything for your event.  For a fee they will set up and tear down tables and chairs, but that is it.  We had to decorate the whole building and tear down all our stuff (Midway Party rental came to pick-up everything that night, so we didn't have to deal with their stuff).  We rented the building for 3 hours the day before to set-up, so I didn't have to worry about any of that on the big day.  They also only provide tables and chairs so you have to rent everything else.We actually kept costs very low using that location.  The rental fee is fairly minimal.  We used Midway Party Rental for linens, draping and dinnerware.  You can also choose your own vendors for beverage service, catering and cake.  This is very freeing and allows you to play with your budget.If you have any other questions feel free to email me mbgreenwalt @ yahoo.comI also have pictures in my bio.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies! Yes we have been to check out the place twice, once before a wedding and another time just to meet with the ladies. We are booking the venue tomorrow actually, for Oct. 8th 2010. I feel like once I get that done, I can offically begin truly planning everything else. Thanks for all the info, I'll need to check your bios out! Any advice about the site that you have? Did you have your ceremony there aswell? Are you/did you pay for the set up/tear down fee? Thanks so much! Amanda
  • edited December 2011
    btw mbgreenwalt, I must show your wedding pics to FI he's going to pee himself that you had the dogs at your wedding, he's been begging to have our two boxers in ours, and I keep telling him idk if we can
  • edited December 2011
    I dont have a bio yet, but will try to put one together this week or next. I will definitely post the pictures after the wedding in 2 weeks so you can check them out. We are having the ceremony at Harriet on the river side patio at 5pm, hopefully it will still be semi-warm out. We paid the tear down fee but are setting up ourselves. We just dont want to deal with it at the end of the night. I think for 2010 they are changing it to one fee for both services though. It has been great being able to pick all of our own vendors- Im so excited. For catering we are using Donatellis, cupcakes- Roseville Bakery, Photog- Jennifer Cress, flowers- Alissa Berglund from I Do Flowers, table linens/ceremony sound system- Midway Party Rental, DJ- family friend. The Hilton Garden Inn: St. Paul City Center has 3 shuttles for us- one going to ceremony, and an early and late going back to hotel. They have been great. I am really happy with all our vendors so far!
  • edited December 2011
    I got married on a Friday, so the building wasn't booked on Thursday so we rented it for 3 hours to set-up.  I paid the tear-down fee for the tables and chairs so we didn't have to deal with that at the end of the night. We had our ceremony on the riverside patio.  We rented the white folding chairs.  They set those up and tear them down.  That is all included in the chair fee. We had my sister's FI bring the dogs down to Rice Park for pictures, but the weren't in the wedding or at the recpetion.  I would have worried about them too much.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    Were you able to book the date you wanted??
  • edited December 2011
    Yep we got the date, Chris went there after work, booked for Oct. 8th 2010. Finally we can start planning everything!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards