Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul
Options

Invitations not making it to our guests

I just found out about a third person who never received our wedding invitation. I sent them four weeks ago. Did this happen to anyone? I feel bad and annoyed at the post office.

Re: Invitations not making it to our guests

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Yes, to about a handful.  Now,less than two weeks until the wedding, i'm resending the invite.That's really bad etiquette, but what can I do if they just told me.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yeah, I think I have had about 4 or so. It's embarrassing...even though it's not your fault! About 3 RSVP's didn't make it back to me too...  
  • Options
    hkieslinghkiesling member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh sucky!  FI mailed one of ours out without and address or return label on it.  I guess I can't blame the USPO of that one.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yep, a handful of ours that went through the Fargo post office came back saying there wasn't enough postage.  So I had all this drama - like all members of a family got their invitations except one, and then there were hurt feelings, blah blah.  I just contacted them to explain and then added more postage and resent.  I wasn't super impressed with the post office for the extra work...super frustrating!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    This is one of the many things that I can't control around wedding planning. I hate loss of control. It's super annoying. I thought that when I sent out the invites, everything would be smooth sailing. Not the case. I'm starting to be ok with the fact that I may not really know who is all coming to the wedding until the wedding.
  • Options
    Maria92609Maria92609 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It happen to us, too.  We had one invite come back a couple of weeks later with the mailing label peeled off - we have no idea who it was intended for.  We also just found out that one of our groomsmen never recieved his at all (but we know that it couldn't have been the one that came back to us, because we mailed his in a separate plain envelope for extra stamping and postage to Europe and the one that came back had US postage on it).  Our RSVP date was last week, so we're starting to call the 37 guests/couples/families we have not heard back from tonight... I'm almost afraid to know, but like you said, it's one of those things you just can't control!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    And you probably won't even notice who is there and who isn't, as sad as that is.  There were people who I didn't see at my wedding, either because they left before I could say hi to them or I just kept missing them all night.  Try not to worry about it too much - it'll work out in the end!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards