July 2012 Weddings

Wedding recap really long PIP

Holy whirlwind!

I can't believe it's all over and even though it was just 5 days ago it feels like a month. I was so worried that I wouldn't remember a whole lot because everyone says it goes so fast that you don't have time to process it. I actually remember the whole day pretty clearly. It was the best day of our lives so far! Even though it started out awful! It was raining! I cried on the way to the farm because I didn't want to get married under the tent. I was verging tears all day until.... the sun came out just like when we got engaged : )

Everyone left saying it was the best wedding they had ever been to and the raving didn't end! We had breakfast at the hotel the next morning and a ton of guests were there who kept telling us how much fun they had and how cool all the details were and that they have never been to such a great wedding before. The best part about it was that I could tell they were being genuine. I'm so glad that we made our guests so happy! My biggest concern was how much fun everyone would have. Apparently we did a pretty good job ensuring their happiness.

It's funny, with all the things that went wrong we didn't really notice and/or said just screw it when it came about. There were COUNTLESS things! My HUSBAND! EEK! didn't get a family shot with his sis because they were late : ( the wish lanterns didn't get lit at the same time like planned since the groomsman who coordinated it didn't follow direction since he had too much to drink : ) I had a dream the night before that all the lanterns were going to fall from the sky burning and it actually kind of came true. But they were still beautiful and everyone was raving about them.

Since the GM didn't give proper instruction on how to light them people were sending them into the air half closed which made them catch on fire and fall to the ground. There were only about 3 that did that thankfully because I ran around opening peoples balloons that were trying to light them off closed lol I also went running into the woods to stomp out one of the fallen lanterns. HA! It was a crazy time at the moment but so funny now. Also, after I went running into the woods someone came and grabbed my and H's balloon and lit it off! Jerks lol So, we confiscated another balloon from someone who had already lit one.

We came in from the wrong end of the tent but our entrance was still super awesome H climbed on the fence and did "the Rocks" look thing he does. I forgot to tell the DJ to shorten the songs but I'm so glad we danced to the whole songs. A ton of people didn't know we had a photo booth but we still got some hilarious photos. I forgot to get the pitch fork and shovel pic in the blueberry fields but our pictures are going to be so amazing anyway. The mad libs and I Spy cards didn't get put out but we still have a ton of people uploading to our photo share site.

Our caterer only gave me a small platter of apps instead of a big one for the whole bridal party. H didn't get any apps because he was so busy talking to people. BUT the apps were freaking amazing, so many compliments. H and I didn't get to take our 10 minute just us break since we had to wrangle everyone in for the license signing. Funny how when you get one person who's supposed to sign and the other runs away! People do not follow direction very well considering I sent a day of timeline a couple days before with instructions lol. The people in charge of getting people off the beach and out of the gardens didn't do their job so I had to dictate once we figured out they were still out there when we were trying to do the entrance lol.

OH! And the cops got called on our wedding ha! Apparently one of the neighbors is a real whiner about EVERYTHING even though he's like 30-40 acres away! Thankfully it was after we left and when the Sheriff got there he was like uh... it's a wedding and that guy complains about everything. lol and I found out last night that the caterer had to break up a fight!? Crazy, they don't know who it was, my parents don't know who it was and I'm super curious to know who in the hell would be fighting at a wedding. lol crazy night but memorable and apparently it was very pleasing! YAY!

I mean there are like 1,000 other things that went wrong that keep popping into my head but the reason I outlined some of them is because even though they went wrong it was GREAT! The best day ever and I wouldn't change it for the world. We're so happy!

The fireworks were amazing, the dancing was amazing, the food was amazing, the sparkler exit was amazing, everything was amazing! I could go on and on and on but I'll spare you guys lol. Here are a few pics from our photoshare site that people have been loading onto.

OH, and if I could do it all over again the only thing I would've done differently is hire a day of coordinator. FYI all you girls out there getting married this weekend you still have time to hire one. My mom and I were overloaded with questions and tying up loose ends where jobs given didn't get fufilled. I'm glad I also asked the photographers if they were told when they were eating because they were never told! Everything that happened in my what went wrong list was what a DOC would've taken care of.

Oh man, after reading everyone elses recaps it reminds me of so many things! The best man tore off his sleeves during the cocktail hour (he basically bought his suit lol), H kept handing the mic to BM who kept saying crazy things lol. He opened the dance floor when it wasn't supposed to be opened and he was not supposed to say that. Him and the GM that were supposed to watch the other GM else to make sure they didn't get drunk before the ceremony got shiiiit faced before pictures. Oh man... so many things went wrong but it's really the highlight of the evening. I mean, it really would've been a little boring if we didn't have everything going on.

Re: Wedding recap really long PIP

• I'm so happy for you. I think it's great that it was the best day of your lives!! Your dress is beautiful btw. I totally agree with you about the coordinator thing. I hired mine about three weeks before, when I had the revelation that I could not simultaneously get myself ready at the church and my reception ready at the reception site. So I hired a friend of my sisters who decorates houses and plans a lot of events, not a professional, but not a guest. Best 300 we spent!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards