Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul

Photographer help - Cadence Cornelius

We met with her today and were extremely impressed with her personally and with her work. But my FI is lingering in the "they always show their best photos" mindset, especially since she's at the top of our price range. Has anybody worked with her? Do you have a full set of e-pics or wedding pics you could share? I think we're going to book her but I'd like to show him a full set to kind of put his mind at ease.

If I wanted to hear the pitter-patter of little feet, I'd put shoes on the cat. image

Re: Photographer help - Cadence Cornelius

• edited December 2011
    What happened with Imagen if I may ask? I'm booked with them for the wedding and thought you were as well.
  • NuggetBrainNuggetBrain member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't really want to post the reason on the board yet, but I can e-mail you if you'd like.

If I wanted to hear the pitter-patter of little feet, I'd put shoes on the cat. image

• kristigileskristigiles member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    if you dont mind, I'd like to know as well. I also have them booked for my wedding [email protected]
    August 14, 2010 image*PLANNING* *MARRIED*
  • edited December 2011
    Sorry to bombard you, but I was thinking of scheduling a meeting with them as well and am looking for info on them. Could you email me your experience as well? TIA ajschippers at gmail dot com
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Yes, PLEASE email me I've been having a little trouble with them myself.. [email protected]!
  • caries06caries06 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    can you email me about your experience, too? we were thinking about using them for our wedding as well.  queenkow @ hotmail.com
  • edited December 2011
    Email me too - pandainpurple at gmail. We interviewed them last week - thx
  • supersalwasupersalwa member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree with your husband to some degree; we asked to see full galleries of most of our photographers we interviewed. I'm sure if you ask her, she would be happy to send you one.
  • edited December 2011
    We LOVE Cadence!  At first I was a bit leary of that, but then I got to thinking about being an artist and how we want to just show our best stuff.  When photographers shoot, they take a bazillion pictures and not all of them are going to be good....that is just the facts.  They might not be good for various reasons, lighting, somebody moved...etc.  I actually have appreciated that in her.  We just got our e-pics back and received about 75 fabulous pictures.  She is very artsy and really reflected us.  My email is [email protected] if you would like to email me with some more information.
  • edited December 2011
    Nugget, I know exactly how you feel. We hired Spencer when he was fairly new to the scene after hiring another really popular photographer. Both had good amazing work, and Spencer was at the top of our budget as well. Actually he was a touch higher, haha. Getting our pictures and seeing what he captured for the day, I would have paid thousands more for the pictures. They are really priceless. If you feel more comfortable with this photographer's style and personality, it will really make the difference. There is always a touch of aprehension in these situations, but I honestly think that it will be worth having pictures you LOVE not just like.

Zuma Zoom
  • lily0508lily0508 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think you should just post on here why you didn't like Imagen.  It would be good for all of to know.  Then you don't have to email each person.  Please let us know.
  • edited December 2011
    Yeah I would love to know this info also.  We are using Imagen, but we were very happy with the engagement photos.  Wondering where the problems lie?Thanx -
  • NuggetBrainNuggetBrain member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It has nothing to do with them personally, it's just that the pictures we got back aren't what we expected. It wasn't a good fit artistically.

• kristigileskristigiles member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    shudak1.... did alex shoot your pictures? He did ours and I was happy with them, but I really like yours!! I thought that many of ours were a little too posed but yours aren't like that as much. Thanks!
    August 14, 2010 image*PLANNING* *MARRIED*
  • edited December 2011
    Yep, Alex shot our photos, we're pretty happy with them so far, so I hope it keeps up.  Yours look great too!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards