Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul
Options

Prices on the Enchanted Barn in WI???

Hello does anyone know the prices per hour or how much it cost aprox to rent out the  enchanted barn?  Or any opinons on the place would be helpful  Thank you :)

Re: Prices on the Enchanted Barn in WI???

• Options
    maybe984maybe984 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I had looked into that venue when I was in the very early stages of planning. I was hoping I still had the email outlining the costs, but apparently I deleted it. They are an all-inclusive sort of venue, so if I recall correctly, they charge you on a per-guest basis. The only separate vendors you would choose would be the officiant and DJ, I believe. They are pretty affordable, as I recall, though.

The inside of the barn is beautiful, but for what it's worth... here are the reasons I didn't choose it:

- No running water, therefore you'd have to use an outhouse in your wedding gown

- The barn is right off of a residential road. Granted, it's in the middle of nowhere, but you're directly across the street from somebody's modular home.

- If you have any out-of-town guests, the nearest hotel is at least 30 minutes away... maybe more.

If those aren't deal-breakers for you, I'd say it's a great choice. The guy who owns and runs it seems really helpful and awesome, too.
  • Options
    shameless_adshameless_ad member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Just an FYI on the toilet issue - I know a lot of people have been put off by the idea of having to use a port-a-potty in their dress.

My sister rented something like this for her wedding.  People were actually taking pictures of the bathrooms.  http://www.onsitesanitation.com/OnyxUltima-tm.html
    Bio - Updated 7/25/10
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    image 284 Invited image 182 Attending image 96 Declined image 6 Not yet replied
  • Options
    maybe984maybe984 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Holy buckets. Those are awesome.
  • Options
    AwitthuhnAwitthuhn member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    WOW! those are awesome!  defiantly  worth looking into!
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    thanks for the link too by the way!
  • Options
    dream2011dream2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You have a PM!
  • Options
    debbieupperdebbieupper member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    When I was looking into it here is the info I found:

Price: $2250 (this was last September)
    Holds: up to 215 people
    Alcohol: wine and beer only
    Noise policy: Unsure

BTW, those rental bathrooms are really nice, but they are also extremely expensive (I'm talking a couple thousand - not even kidding).

That, ultimately, is why we didn't go with a place without plumbing. I didn't want to rent gross regular port-a-potties, but the nice ones were way out of our budget.

Hope that helps! 

Married and lovin' it!
    Our Wedding! (click.)
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you very much, its  a big help! :)
  • Options
    shelbyronneishelbyronnei member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    They finally have real running toilets and water ladies!!!
  • Options
    @KnotPorscha the dead have risen again

Wedding Black & White, Sepia
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards