Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul

Feedback appreciated on my STD postcard!

Hi Ladies-

So I'm designing my own STD postcard to be uploaded to a website (vistaprint, 123print, etc) and ordered online.  Any feedback you have would be appreciated!!
- Too wordy?  
- Choice of words?
- Picture choice? (I have a TON more to choose from)
- Colors
- etc

THANKS!

(front)

(back)
Here is what the back says:

Jenna xxxxxx and Matthew xxxxxx

will be getting married

on May 5th, 2012 in Anandale, Minnesota

with a reception to follow in Sartell, Minnesota

Accomodations have been reserved under the “xxxxxxxxxx” wedding at the following hotels:

*Americinn- Sartell 800-634-3444

Country Inn & Suites Park Ave- St. Cloud 800-596-2375

Holiday Inn- St. Cloud 320-253-9000

*xxxx and xxxx will be staying here and this hotel is the closest in proximity to the reception. 

A shuttle service will be available to bring guests to any of the above hotels during/after the reception.

Formal Invitation to
Follow 

Re: Feedback appreciated on my STD postcard!

• ShelbyGT21ShelbyGT21 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I really like them! Cute!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I love the look of them!  I don't think it is a bad thing to have the hotel information on the STD (gives your out of town guests a big heads up), but I would also include it in the invitation just in case people forget!

268 Invited image 92 Attending image 21 Declined image Still Waiting 155 image
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

Follow Me on Pinterest

http://megananderic.weebly.com/index.html
  • klboasklboas member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Looks great - I love the photo choice!
  • colstj1colstj1 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    So cute! I love them!
  • edited December 2011
    They're really cute!
  • wittyschaffywittyschaffy member
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    "will be getting married" should be "are getting married"

"Accomodations" is spelled "Accommodations"  (I spelled this wrong on my invite and my printer caught it.  I will never spell that one wrong again!)

and I would't tell your guests where you'll be staying.  :)  The whole segment about what is closest could go, imho.

Other than that - looks absolutely lovely! 
  • JKcarlenJKcarlen member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

THANKS for the feedback!  I really do appreciate it.

As a disclaimer, the whole point of me even sending a STD is for people to book their hotel rooms since it's St. Cloud State's Graduation that weekend and I was told by the hotels that they always sell out that weekend.  And I want most people to stay at the Sartell hotel b/c I think it would simply be nice to have breakfast with guests the morning after.... but yeah that could definitely be cut if anything gets cut. 

• edited December 2011
    I really like them.

We added to ours ....
    Discounted rooms will be available until XX date. So guests knew the deadline.

It's nice to see another central MN bride. :) We got married in St. Cloud last May.
  • MaggieandJakeMaggieandJake member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think they look great! I love the design and colors!

I would suggest taking the "Save the Date" heading off of the postcard side (Back) since you already have it on the front, and just have your monogram at the top.  It'll make it look cleaner and so that the text isn't so close to the bottom of the card.  I would also put a space between each hotel listing-It would make it look less busy and easier to read. 

I think you could also take out the part about the shuttle and just put that info in your invitations. 

"All that I'm after is a lifetime of laughter, as long as I'm laughing with you"
    Photobucket
    Anniversary
    Photobucket
    My Crafting Blog
    Married Bio
  • TCbride1TCbride1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    So cute! I agree with wittyschaffy's comments, other than that they look fabulous!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • graysquirrelgraysquirrel member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think that it is pretty! I would take out the part about you staying there (who knows, you may decide that you'd like more privacy) and the shuttle service (which is probably better to go in the actual invitation). To me personally it just seems like too much info for save the date.
    Photobucket
  • jlmccabejlmccabe member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi there! I think you spelled Annandale wrong. Just a friendly head's up. :)
  • edited December 2011
    I'd clean up the back: Eliminate save the date on the back, says it clearly on the front anyway. Eliminate where you will personally be staying. Eliminate shuttle service info since you are concerned about the hotels filling up it's cool that there is a big heads up....but it doesn't really elude that will be the case for guests to book early. So maybe I'd add "early booking recommended" Are you going to have a website set up with the info too? I would add that on the card. Then you can give all the specific details right away without overloading a save the date with too much info. In short I'd have names, date, general location, website and maybe line stating early room booking recommended. And leave the website and / formal invites for the deets.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards