Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul
Options

Freaking Out- Need a makup artist

So, long story short- I no longer have a makeup artist for myself and my girls for my October 16 wedding and am totally hitting stressed out meltdown mode. Anyone have any suggestions or recommendations?

Re: Freaking Out- Need a makup artist

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I used Wendy Zarate for my wedding three years ago
  • Options
    conniebergconnieberg member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am using Smart and Chic Boutique They have great reviews and they do awesome work from what I have seen.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    maybe984maybe984 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm using an old friend of mine from college that started her own company called Elsie Vanity. I haven't done a trial yet, but she seems really good.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    When my sister got married a couple of years ago we walked into MAC at Rosedale literally 2 days before her wedding to try some product and ended up asking one of the girls to come to the salon to do our makeup the morning of.  I think she charged us each $50? gl!
  • Options
    wittyschaffywittyschaffy member
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I used Irma Markoe - she's independent but works at Mixx salon in White Bear right now.  She did the makeup for us for my sister's wedding and mine.  Loved her.  651-429-9909
  • Options
    newlyseliskinewlyseliski member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Salons will likely still have availability and be able to do both hair and makeup!  Individual artists might be more of a challenge if they're well known.

A freelance makeup and hair artist that I considered was Dawn L. Fredrickson.  I randomly saw a magnet on the side of her minivan in downtown Minneapolis when I was walking to lunch one day.  She's really reasonable and has a facebook page, but not a website!  I got an initial quote from her but ended up going with Smart and Chic.  I'd give her a call to see if she's available!

Facebook site: http://tinyurl.com/3ya2wa7
    dawnlfred (at) gmail (dot) com  
    651-485-7038
  • Options
    laura_fettlaura_fett member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    depending on what time you need your makeup done at, I would recommend clinique in the Macy's stores. I had a similar situation, I assumed the lady doing my hair would also do my makeup. I didn't have my trial until the Monday before the wedding, where she told me that she doesn't do makeup professionally, and would prefer not do it. Needless to say, I was a bit frazzled as well. I called the lady she recommended, and ran into a Macys where I had my makeup done. They do your makeup for free, recommended to buy something that they use. They didn't open until 10 AM which is why I couldn't use them, but they make appts. so that's what I would recommend! GL!
  • Options
    lboerner88lboerner88 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Our make-up artist is Lisa Reinhardt.  I haven't used her yet but she has been awesome to work with so far and she is reasonably priced. She will do hair too if you want. Check out her website: http://www.lisareinhardtmakeupartist.com/
  • Options
    golden1215golden1215 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Cathi from Smart & Chic
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Mariah Herndon www.mariahsbeautymarks.com She was fantastic to work with, and has great prices.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Kaki Lofgren is the BEST. and affordable. She is actually one of my best friends.... but seriously, unbiased - she is amazing. Check out her work: www.kakilofgren.com

She'll be doing my makeup on our wedding! :) (and I don't let anyone touch my face)
    12/17/86 - "Once upon a time...." 10/08/11 - "Happily ever after..." imageimageWedding Countdown Ticker White Knot Follow Me on Pinterest
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards