Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul
Options

paper ordered!

Went to Anchor today in Plymouth and picked out all of the paper and such and made an appt to come in to use their die-cut.  The ladies there said that I was the easiest bride they've ever worked with (haha) and def not a bridezilla.  I was just like show me the least expensive and easiest way to do this, as I know the invite gets a quick read and most of it's contents are in the trash. I picked everything out, paid for it (with a coupon $69) and was out the door in less than an hour.  Frankly I am getting tired of spending excessive amounts of money on little details that won't matter after all is said and done. Sorry to sound pissy, but doesn't the cost of everything get to be a little insane? Sometimes I wish we would have just flown to Mexico with the family for a small wedding and party.  I'm sure this too will pass, and I will be happy afterwards that I had my big, fat, expensive wedding :)

Re: paper ordered!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh, martiac.... just wait until final payments are due! 

I understand what you mean though... like I could mentally prepare myself for the 'big' stuff like photog, flowers, venue.  But all the little stuff really did add up.
  • Options
    graysquirrelgraysquirrel member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I like your style! I can't justify spending a ton of time and $ on paper, either. 
    Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am actually going to go to the Anchor Paper in St. Paul this weekend to check it out.  Where did you get a coupon?!?  TIA
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Haha, yeah Steph...I'm trying not to think about that yet...it's ugly.

I had gotten the coupon at the I do redo sale, but I think you can register with them online to receive coupons via email.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    or stamps! between invites/RSVPs, TY Cards and Christmas Cards... we spent at least $400 on stamps in 3 months. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yes! That sure does add up.  I just redid our RSVP card, so now that will be a postcard, 28 cents over 44 cents doesn't sound like a lot, but it adds up quickly. Were you able to mail your invite with a regular 44 cent stamp?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Just chiming in about the little things adding up - it's kind of amazing, even things like pens or tape add up in the end!!

My invites were 0.61, which I was surprised about since they were kind of large, but I weighed them at 2 post offices to make sure and they were well under the limit for 0.61 :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I got scared and just coughed up for the $0.61 stamps.  We had them weighed 5 times... 3 said "0.9 ounces" and two said 1.0 ounces.  Too close to risk it for me!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards