Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul
Options

How much are you spending on wedding photography?

I am having trouble picking a photographer.  Maybe I am limiting myself by budget?  I would love if you would answer this poll, and welcome any photographer suggestions or advice on picking a photog that you may have!

Re: How much are you spending on wedding photography?

• Options
    FutureMrsS13FutureMrsS13 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My limit is 2000! i know some cost way more..but  my bestfriend found a photographer under 100 even and was great!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I allowed myself to have a larger budget for this because a) I want some great pics of FI and I and b) it's really the only thing WR that lasts after the day is done. The rest just gets put away.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    JourneyPhotoMN.Com

They are great!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We spent a lot on photography in the end. Largely because I wanted to hire a photographer I already knew. We got engagement pics, 8.5 hours of coverage, a book of 78 images, and two small parent books that our copies of our larger book. The images are amazing. We ended up buying some additional things including some videos that our photographer took. So yes it was a lot, but with all we got it doesn't feel that bad. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Check out renderphotography.com

Britt is wonderful!
    Hitched! 09.30.11
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm using Spencer Johnson as my photographer.  He was an old co-worker of mine and is just getting into wedding photography, so he offers a great deal!

268 Invited image 92 Attending image 21 Declined image Still Waiting 155 image
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

Follow Me on Pinterest

http://megananderic.weebly.com/index.html
  • Options
    Cackle6Cackle6 member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_minnesota-minneapolis-st-paul_much-spending-wedding-photography?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:81Discussion:28d494e6-7c95-443a-ad11-85e156205a08Post:bea29384-f686-4bdb-8b54-ff5b07ffc097">Re: How much are you spending on wedding photography?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm using Spencer Johnson as my photographer.  He was an old co-worker of mine and is just getting into wedding photography, so he offers a great deal!
    Posted by mzad22[/QUOTE]

<div>Hey, would you mind PM-ing me his info and pricing (or just info if you're not comforable sharing pricing)? I'm still searching for a photographer so any and all information would be appreciated! :)</div>
  • Options
    aligrossaligross member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    If you're looking for an incredible photographer within a budget check out
    Ben Berndt Photography www.benberndtphotography.com
    OR
    DnK www.dnkphotography.com
  • Options
    Cackle6Cackle6 member
    edited December 2011
    Yeah, see I've checked out pretty much every photographer listed on this board already. When I think "budget", I think $2000 or less for 2 photogs for at least 8 hours, so I guess I have a different definition of "budget" than most of you. :)
  • Options
    sltommysltommy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi - I'm new to wedding planning still, so have been asking everyone I know for recommendations, and my friend's cousin just had mrs. leah maria (leahmaria.photography (dot) com) do her photos, and according to her site she is $2,200 for 8 hours and 2 photographers, and an engagement session.  So far they liked all the pics and my friend said she was super sweet.  Maybe we could get a group discount if we both used her?! Smile
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    jennipea382jennipea382 member
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    I don't have one booked yet but our budget is around $1500-2000. It's going to be a bit of a challenge because I am VERY picky about photographers. I want high quality, shots of pretty much everything, and a decent price. I do have a cousin that is an amazing photographer but he lives on the east coast and I have no idea how much he'd charge (but my parents keep mentioning they want to fly him out - maybe they'll offer to pay? Hehe).

Total budget for the wedding is hopefully less than $10,000 but we'll see.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    March 2013 March siggy challenge - wedding preview
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Planning Bio
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We went with www.jefflovesjessica.com Wonderful and affordable, really down to earth and great with natural light.
  • Options
    MaggieandJakeMaggieandJake member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    we used Imagen.  It's $1077 for 2 photogs unlimited hours on your wedding day.  You also get 2 other photo sessions (e-pics, boudoir, bridal, family, etc) of your choosing, and a $100 print credit.  You also get all the rights to your photos and righ-res images on a disc.

You can see our favorites here (<---clicky)

"All that I'm after is a lifetime of laughter, as long as I'm laughing with you"
    Photobucket
    Anniversary
    Photobucket
    My Crafting Blog
    Married Bio
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I spent around $1100 on Elise at Elisabeth Ann photography. 

-We had 2 photogs (I don't know if that's how it'd always be though)
    -Full day of coverage - She was there at 9 for my hair and make up and probably left the reception around 830 after the important dances and got a few shots of our guests dancing
    -E-Pics were included in this
    -Discs with all our E Pics and Wedding pics with full rights to the photos
    -$100 print credit

I thought her price was awesome.  She was good to work with as well, very friendly!
    http://elisabethannphotography.com/
    June 18, 2011 Anniversary LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I used Heather from Firefly studios (<-- clicky).  I am so happy with the sneak peak photos (<-clicky). I may be biased, but I think the pictures look like they should be in a magainze!  Her prices have gone up a little since we used her, but she did an amazing job, and I know she is willing to work with you to find a price/experience that works for both of you.
    Henry
    imageHenry Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    dream2011dream2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_minnesota-minneapolis-st-paul_much-spending-wedding-photography?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:81Discussion:28d494e6-7c95-443a-ad11-85e156205a08Post:c69dd0fd-c127-4c64-8f85-a2ade475eba2">Re: How much are you spending on wedding photography?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I allowed myself to have a larger budget for this because a) I want some great pics of FI and I and b) it's really the only thing WR that lasts after the day is done. The rest just gets put away.
    Posted by KateJ10[/QUOTE]

THIS! Coming from someone who didnt have the best of pictures (we went with someone new and up and coming and inexpensive) the first time around I knew that this time I was going to have an open mind on budget for photos. I am super excited with who I booked and I know that I will love each and every picture that he'll take.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We budgeted $2500 but then ended up finding an amazing photographer who, at the time, was just starting her business. We got all day coverage, a second photographer, engagement session, rights to all images, and a proof book for around $1400. Photography can be super expensive but if you're on a limited budget I urge you to look around and do your research. There are tons of talented photographers out there! I spent around 6 months looking at photographers before I booked one.

Good luck!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Honestly, photography is not the place to cut corners in your wedding budget, no matter how little $$ you have to work with...
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Cackle6Cackle6 member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_minnesota-minneapolis-st-paul_much-spending-wedding-photography?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:81Discussion:28d494e6-7c95-443a-ad11-85e156205a08Post:95c56341-490a-4824-9125-dde3d5ede673">Re: How much are you spending on wedding photography?</a>:
    [QUOTE]We went with <a rel="nofollow" href="http://www.jefflovesjessica.com">www.jefflovesjessica.com</a> Wonderful and affordable, really down to earth and great with natural light.
    Posted by TaffetaDarlingTaffeta[/QUOTE]

<div>I LOVED their pictures, but they were over budget for us.</div><div>
    </div><div><span class="Apple-style-span">I already have an appointment set up with Imagen, this was the one vendor that I wanted to have at least a few different options, so I'm hoping to meet with at least two others. I think I'll email Elise from </span><span style="font-family:Arial;font-size:12px;" class="Apple-style-span">Elisabeth Ann photography</span><span class="Apple-style-span">, she seems reasonable and I like her pictures.</span></div><div>
    </div><div>And as far as spending so much money on photography - I know most people are all gung ho on the the really artsy/photojournalistic photos, but I'm just not. I like some of the formal posed shots, and then some candids as well. I think that's why I like Imagen's so much, they just seem more real. I'm not a model, and I don't want to be airbrushed and tweeked in photoshop to look like a model. I just want nice pictures that will capture the day, and I think you can do that without having to spend 3-4K. But that's just my opinion. :)</div>
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Cackle -

Sometimes Elise takes a bit longer to respond to emails but I promise you she is great to work with so if you are truly interested in having her be your photog don't let this discourage you. 

Sometimes you just need to "bug" her again about a question but she'll respond and she always showed up on time for all things we met for!  Just a heads up for ya!
    June 18, 2011 Anniversary LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    yadaphotography.com

we used them for our 9/10/11 wedding and it was awesome! their prices are listed on their website. they are a husband/wife duo and good to work with!
  • Options
    mand0114mand0114 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_minnesota-minneapolis-st-paul_much-spending-wedding-photography?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:81Discussion:28d494e6-7c95-443a-ad11-85e156205a08Post:751337a2-7bcd-4e8f-bb2e-cf4cda9a3911">Re: How much are you spending on wedding photography?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi - I'm new to wedding planning still, so have been asking everyone I know for recommendations, and my friend's cousin just had mrs. leah maria (leahmaria.photography (dot) com) do her photos, and according to her site she is $2,200 for 8 hours and 2 photographers, and an engagement session.  So far they liked all the pics and my friend said she was super sweet.  Maybe we could get a group discount if we both used her?!
    Posted by sltommy[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>I think we're using Leah! I met wiht her a few weeks ago & I'm just waiting to hear back from her with a contract! She is SO lovely!! I'm very much looking forward to working with!!!</div>
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hey guys,

I'm new-ish here...just got a new married bio! Wahoo!

We used Elisabeth Ann Photography and love love loved her. Her prices are awesome and I felt like we got just as much as other photographers offer for a lower price.

Good Luck!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We're using Betsy Cole. Her work is amazing! She also adds in some fun to her photography other than the boring traditional photos that everyone and there mom has.
  • Options
    graysquirrelgraysquirrel member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We had a friend do it for about $500 including a half day engagement session and full rights to about 400 wedding day pics. She is newer to the business and gave us a graet deal. I love using new photographers because they have low rates and many times their work is just as good. We love our pictures and the fact that we only paid $500 to get them. 
    Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards