Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul

Mississippi Dunes brides

Hi Ladies -

Are any of you getting married/have gotten married at Mississippi Dunes? We booked that location and are really happy with it. I just wanted to know how people are decorating, good ideas for the space, etc.

TIA!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Mississippi Dunes brides

• edited December 2011
    Hi Ladies -

Are any of you getting married/have gotten married at Mississippi Dunes? We booked that location and are really happy with it. I just wanted to know how people are decorating, good ideas for the space, etc.

TIA!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Yeah, I'm getting married there. I'm not sure what we're doing for a lot of it, but for the ceremony I know we'll use shepherd's hooks and pomander balls to line the aisle and to make a half-circle behind the front. Are you having your ceremony there too? One thing I did notice while visiting is that it can get REALLY windy down there because of the proximity to the river...so make sure everyone hair is really pinned down good! I have pics in bio of the general shepherd hook idea.
    Anniversary
    White Knot
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • caries06caries06 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm getting married there in one month! :)  Originally, I wanted some additional ceiling draping but when I met my vendor there to go over the space, it ended up being more of a hassle because of the already existing drapes. Oh well.

I'm just adding xmas lights on the deck and some paper lanterns.  We're definitely getting chair covers bc of the golfers. :)  We're also using the banquet tables vs the circular ones since we're expecting a little over 300 ppl.

We're not doing much at the ceremony site bc it's already so pretty.  Hopefully, they'll have planted some additional flowers by my wedding date.

Rumor has it that they're replacing the carpet in the fall.

Good luck!

• jcamm11jcamm11 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm getting married there July 3, 2011!  I am doing paper lanterns, table overlays, and chair covers.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    My husband and I got married there a week ago :)

It was fantastic. We had an outdoor ceremony, and the wind wasn't bad at all. I wouldn't recommend and aisle runner, as it sits funny on the grass, and we had guests tripping on it.  Besides that, the ceremony was perfect there.  It was very secluded and private. Just wonderful.

They changed the window treatments inside, and added a beautiful fireplace. Seriously, they could have charged us double for the room rental, and it would have been worth it. It is just gorgous in there now. The ceiling drapery is beautifyl too!! It's perfect.  The new wedding coordinator there is so helpful and she does so much to make the day perfect. You will love what she has to offer.

You will have a wonderful wedding there. We did :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards