Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul

Married on 6/2/12 - Vendor Reviews

Venue (Ceremony and reception): Rosemount Steeple Center: B+ The Steeple center was the perfect size for our wedding (150 guests)  The ceremony set up was exactly as I expected it to be.  It took less than an hour for the Steeple Center staff to re-set the room for the reception.  The only down sides to the venue are the lack of air conditioning in the main part of the venue and the bathrooms (1 for women and 1 for men).  The lines for the bathroom weren't too terribly long - usually not more than two people waiting.  The main room did start to get pretty warm as the night went on.  The fans and the really high ceilings did help a lot.

Catering: Classic Catering: A The staff at Classic Catering did a great job.  They handled the change over between the ceremony and reception very well.  We had a hour and a half set aside and everything was done in less than an hour.  They were affordable and the food was really good.  DH also liked that we got to take over any left over food (as long as we provided containers) so we weren't so worried about no-show guests.

Alcohol Provider:  Shenanegan's Pub:  A  Mike was great to work with.  The city of Rosemount currently has two liquor providers to choose from and we feel that Shenanegan's is by far the best.  (We never heard back from the other company after our initial meeting).  Mike was very responsive to our e-mails and was very helpful with suggestions about what to serve to our guests.  He was more than willing to customize the menu and serve what ever drinks we were looking for.  He also was very honest and let us know what guest were likely to drink and what they were not likely to drink.  Mike arrived on time and was very professional.  He checked in on us through the night and made sure we were getting everything we needed.  

Cake: Sweet Treats by Jeff:  A  We got so many compliments on the cake.  Jeff was great to work with.  He understood our budget and was able to give us a big bang for our money.  Jeff made a fake teired cake (top layer for cutting).  We served the guests sheet cakes.  We had two flavors and they were both amazing!  They cake looked great and he brought my vision to life!  Jeff was great responding to my e-mail questions and was very professional.  

Photographer: Tracey Joy Photography: A++++++ Tracey was absolutely amazing!  Our photography package included a free engagement session and  6 hours of photography the day of the wedding.  Tracey was very professional and very easy to work with.  She replied to all my e-mails promptly and always had answers to my questions.  Tracey showed up early to scope out great locations for pics.  All of the formal pics went perfectly and Tracey handled some difficult children very well.  After the formal pictures were over, I swear I completely forgot Tracey was there.  She caught everything with her camera and the pictures turned out better than I expected.  We got almost 800 edited pictures back from her in less than 3 weeks!  She really out did herself.  

Flowers: Forget Me Not Floral Events: A+++  My flowers were absolutely amazing.  Lisa was able to see my vision exactly and bring it to life.  The bouquets were absolutely gorgeous and the centerpieces were exactly what I was looking for.  Lisa was very easy to communicate with.  She was very patient and had a lot of great ideas to share.  Lisa was very understanding that we were on a tight budget and really did amazing things with a small amout of money.  

DJ:  Musical Moments:  A  When we booked our DJ, Gus was very willing to work with us and our budget.  He really made us feel like he could do anything we needed them to do.  We really liked their online planner.  We used it to schedule our all the big events, chose songs, and let the DJ know any songs we wannted or did not want played.  Our DJ, Cal, was willing and able to do everything we asked him to do.  He did the music for the ceremony and the reception.  He even moved a speaker into the gathering area during our cocktail hour so our guests could enjoy music while they chatted.  We met with Cal before the wedding and he was able to help us organize the entire night.  

Back Drop: Grand Designs: B  Michele was very nice to work with.  She had a lot of great ideas and helped me find exactly what I needed to add a little something to the empty stage of our venue.  They arrived early to set up the backdrop while we were at our hair appointments.  She called to confirm that it was completed.  When we arrived, the backdrop looked exactly like I expected except for two things.  1.  the two sections of the pipe and drape were not centered on the stage,  The right side was noticeably longer than the left side.  This made it slightly difficult when deciding where to place the flowers and where the officiant should stand.  2.  They used the wrong shade of green for the color accents.  I was expecting a Kelly green and got more of a clover green.  

If you have any questions about any of these vendors or want to see any pictures please let me know.  
Wedding Countdown Ticker
image 203 Invited so far!
image 142 Are ready to party!
image 61 Will be missing out!
image 0 Are MIA!

Re: Married on 6/2/12 - Vendor Reviews

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards