Ohio-Columbus
Options

Venue crisis

Ok... So I have been slacking extremely hard on planning my wedding. We are looking for a inexpensive venue. We are going to have a 75 guest cocktail reception. I really want to stay in the $5,000 range for food and venue. A lot of the places I've called around to have minimums of 8,000+. I want an indoor space that requires minimal decor, unique space is a major plus. But I refuse to go outside of the budget. If this is impossible someone tell me so I can plan a vacation instead!!! Lol, seriously!

Re: Venue crisis

• Options
    edited January 2013
    Try The Vault on East Gay St downtown. We looked there for our reception this past September, but our date was booked. Its really unique because it used to be an old bank building thats been turned into an event space. It still has the old bank vault inside, which makes for a good conversation starter. And its got a high double staircase which I thought would be nice for a grand entrance. Happy planning!
  • Options
    If you're planning a summer Saturday, it might be harder than a Friday or Sunday.

have you tried The Reception House at Raymond Gold course?  I bet you could do a cocktail reception there within your price range.....

• Options
    i agree with donethat, we chose a Friday night wedding. In vene and food alone, its saving us like $1500. Were even saving with cake, flowers, dj, and photographer because of it. In the end we are saving almost $5000. Something to think about, it is definiley helping my budget! :)
  • Options
    Check out Via Vecchia! It's a winery on Front St.  Lots of exposed brick and wood beams, very little decoration needed and definitely different!
  • Options
    The Columbus Arts center is a gorgous venue...wood floors and brick outside. I set up a bar outside and tables both inside as well as outside. If you know someone in Bexley, Jeffery mansion is a beautiful venue.

Jorgensen farms, Everal Barn. I did a wedding at the Vault, and they got married there, went upstairs for cocktail hour and we turned the lower level into dining area...

Nancy Plassman
    Carfagna's Catering
  • Options
    I'm getting married at the Vault in June. I think they will be able to work with your budget and guest list, if your date is available.
  • Options
    Hear me out: Dispatch Kitchen at the North Market: http://www.northmarket.com/
    It's incredibly unique, and required absoultely no decoration for my 80 person wedding outside centerpieces, and I think you could get away without them. 50s retro diner, beautiful lighting, and gives a really good perspective in Columbus for out of town guests. 
    Renting the space from 5-12 was ~700 I think and from 12p-12a was ~1100. Using North Market vendors for flowers, catering and booze enabled us to stay right in the overall wedding budget you're talking about. 
    It's possible; I don't know what kinds of pictures are available online, but I do have pictures of the venue if interested. They do ~15-30 weddings/year so you may have more flexibility with dates being available. 
  • Options
    The Ohio Village has an 1860's style hotel/restaurant that can be used for dinners and cocktail receptions.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards