Ohio-Columbus

another update (kinda long, sorry)

Hi ladies!

It seems like this board has been pretty slow recently. This has been a week from hell.

For those of you that know about me, I did accept the job offer this past Monday. I start on May 23. I am so excited. My Dad is coming down here to help me take my stuff back and follow me so I am not driving alone. H will probably join me Memorial Day weekend as he has a project he has to finish up at work before he gives his notice.

With the good news of me accepting the job, came some bad news. On Monday morning, I was heading to the gym when I heard water running. We live in apt where the hot water tank is inside the apt. I was pretty sure it couldn't be ours b/c they just replaced it when we moved in there in November. I opened the closet door and water was pouring from the ceiling. The second floor water tank was leaking and leaking bad.

Long story short, if I wasn't home, we would have lost everything. I was able to get maintence out there asap and had to call H home from work. I was in total panic mode unplugging the electronics and moving stuff out of the way. We have renters insurance, but I think everything is going to be okay. I will have to have the couch cleaned once we get moved and find a place of our own b/c it got wet before I could move it out of the way. The only room that wasn't affected was the master bedroom. The ceiling almost fell through in the living room but they placed a board there to hold it up.

We went round and round with the apt complex, but the good news is they are letting us out of our lease early due to the conditions. And they are not replacing the carpet, so there is no dealing for us on staying there until the end of the lease. Our friend from church is letting us stay with her (her husband is in Afghanistan) and store our stuff in her garage b/c they don't park their cars in it. We are just so thankful that this whole thing isn't costing us a small fortune if we had to stay in a hotel for a month.

Re: another update (kinda long, sorry)

• edited December 2011
    Ugh, I'm sorry Missy!  At least you were home to catch it before it ruined everything.  I'm surprised your apartment complex isn't offering to clean your couch or anything for you - did you ask?  It never hurts to ask...

Congrats on your new job!  Is it up here?  Any leads on a job for your H?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    Wow, sounds like a crazy week.  But, it is pretty awesome that they are letting you our of the lease, so you don't have to worry about that! And, you have a great friend allowing you to stay there for a while until you move! Hope H finds a job soon!
  • edited December 2011
    At least you saw the water leaking before it was a major mess and thankfully they'll let you out of your lease early.  Congrats again on getting a job in C-bus.  How are things with your husband?
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_ohio-columbus_another-update-kinda-long-sorry?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:112Discussion:57ae2d64-38bb-4a27-847f-b58d1c90630cPost:7fee82a2-ee38-49ce-84d7-5b7e044293c7">Re: another update (kinda long, sorry)</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ugh, I'm sorry Missy!  At least you were home to catch it before it ruined everything .  I'm surprised your apartment complex isn't offering to clean your couch or anything for you - did you ask?  It never hurts to ask... Congrats on your new job!  Is it up here?  Any leads on a job for your H?
    Posted by TheBeckmeister[/QUOTE]

Nope, the apt complex sucks. At first, they wouldn't even let us out of the lease even though there is a clause in the agreement stating about damages being so bad that either party could terminate the lease. We were really close to getting an atty. And then they came back and said we could get out of the lease without any penalities and get our deposit back. I tried to get them to pay our deductible, but they won't do that either. And they told us they would only put us up in a hotel for 2 days b/c everything was going to be good to go in a few days. I think they have figured that the damage is much worse than they originally thought and haven't even touched the ceiling yet. There is no way in hell I would live in there given those conditions.

Yes, my new job is in Powell. H is staying with his current company for at least another week or so. He is giving them one last chance to transfer him/find a position at the Westerville office, if not, he will give notice. We both hate for him to leave such a good company, but if you aren't happy and doing what you want to, then what is the point?
  • edited December 2011
    seriously?! wow! you poor thing! the minute you get here you should call for a knottie g2g and i'll buy you a cocktail! 
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_ohio-columbus_another-update-kinda-long-sorry?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:112Discussion:57ae2d64-38bb-4a27-847f-b58d1c90630cPost:70839d54-5184-4b6d-8b49-ab604d1ea967">Re: another update (kinda long, sorry)</a>:
    [QUOTE]seriously?! wow! you poor thing! the minute you get here you should call for a knottie g2g and <strong>i'll buy you a cocktail! 
    </strong>Posted by MissOwl[/QUOTE]

Sounds like a score to me. I would totally love to meet you guys. I haven't been to any gtg's and I feel like since I have been on TK for awhile, I need to.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_ohio-columbus_another-update-kinda-long-sorry?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:112Discussion:57ae2d64-38bb-4a27-847f-b58d1c90630cPost:72c8988c-705b-47ac-aac3-7902a9b02688">Re: another update (kinda long, sorry)</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: another update (kinda long, sorry) : Sounds like a score to me. I would totally love to meet you guys. I haven't been to any gtg's and I feel like since I have been on TK for awhile, I need to.
    Posted by MissySue20[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>You should all plan a Columbus g2g in Virginia Beach so I can be there, too...  Who doesn't love the beach, right??  Right?  :-)

</div>
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_ohio-columbus_another-update-kinda-long-sorry?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:112Discussion:57ae2d64-38bb-4a27-847f-b58d1c90630cPost:69f91483-657d-4643-b710-1cce3acc7cc5">Re: another update (kinda long, sorry)</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: another update (kinda long, sorry) : You should all plan a Columbus g2g in Virginia Beach so I can be there, too...  Who doesn't love the beach, right??  Right?  :-)

Is there anytime this summer where you will be back in Columbus? We could wait til then.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_ohio-columbus_another-update-kinda-long-sorry?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:112Discussion:57ae2d64-38bb-4a27-847f-b58d1c90630cPost:69f91483-657d-4643-b710-1cce3acc7cc5">Re: another update (kinda long, sorry)</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: another update (kinda long, sorry) : You should all plan a Columbus g2g in Virginia Beach so I can be there, too...  Who doesn't love the beach, right??  Right?  :-)

Good idea!! ;-)
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_ohio-columbus_another-update-kinda-long-sorry?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:112Discussion:57ae2d64-38bb-4a27-847f-b58d1c90630cPost:5e72a044-1551-4234-bdd5-877b20e949d8">Re: another update (kinda long, sorry)</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: another update (kinda long, sorry) : Is there anytime this summer where you will be back in Columbus? We could wait til then.
    Posted by MissySue20[/QUOTE]

<div>I'll be back sometime, I just have no idea when...  Don't wait for me!  Go have fun!</div>
  • edited December 2011
    mmmmm are bellinis involved?

I would so hire an attorney to get my deductible and anything not covered by insurance taken care of... but I am a bitch like that when it comes to big people picking on little people! Shame on the complex!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards