Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul
Options

china for reception

Ladies -  I would really like to use China dishes for our wedding, but the rental prices I have seen seem kinda pricey.   I really only need a water glass and dinner plate.  I am considering just purchasing these.

What was other peoples experience - Did you rent (if so how mcuh?)  or did you purchase?  

Also, is there anyone else in the same boat -  maybe we could share the cost of purchasing these items?

Re: china for reception

• Options
    newlyseliskinewlyseliski member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Midway Party rental was recommended to me for glasses and china... they seem to be the cheapest out there!  Also might be worth scouring local auctions for restaurants going out of business and such... even the cheapest plates and drinking glasses can still more expensive than renting.

I purchased silverware from Qston!  She got a great deal online at "Webstaurantstore."  She also purchased cheap drinking glasses at IKEA (already sold to another knottie) and I believe that she rented the plates.

I'm still currently planning on renting dishes and water glasses... and possibly buying small mason jars from Fleet Farm for the social hour.
  • Options
    youremybladeyouremyblade member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've been collecting mis-matched china plates for my wedding in March. With a guest count of 150, its proving kind of hard to find enough. But at the moment I've got over 80 plates :) My suggestion is to hit local thrift stores and search craigslist.com. We stood our ground at only spending a max of $1 per plate (at 150 needed, more than $1 would make this pricey..) and we really haven't missed out on any plates yet. Several stores have made deals with us since we're buying so many. As far as the glasses, one of my bridemaids, whos getting married next week, she got her glasses in bulk from The Dollar General. She said that they too were only $1 each. It's all definitly do-able, but you've got to be willing to do some searching. When is your wedding?
  • Options
    Do either of you still have mis-matched china you are willing to sell?  I'm planning a wedding for September 2015, and I'm looking to buy enough dinner plates at least for 250 people.  I would love a dollar or less a plate.  I'm from Grand Rapids, so I could come pick them up!  Let me know!  Thanks!
  • Options
    Check with some of the used restaurant supply stores in the area (Williams Restaurant World (St Paul), JR Ranch (Hudson), and the restaurant auction sites - you never know!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards