Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul
Options

XP: Neck Pain Emergency! Bring on your home remedies!

I'm 4 days out from my wedding and yesterday out of nowhere got a huge muscle spasam or something down my neck and into my upper back and shoulder. I can't turn or tilt my head to the right without debilitating pain. FI is currently working on getting me into the chiropractor tonight but I'm willing to try any suggestions on what I should be doing for this. I have an Icy Hot patch on right now at work and am trying not to panic as I figure the stress is only going to make it tense up worse.

HELP!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: XP: Neck Pain Emergency! Bring on your home remedies!

• Options
    MrsBassPlayaMrsBassPlaya member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Just ice.  Heat will not help in this case.  20 minues on, 20 minuets off. Repeat, repeat, repeat, and try to relax.  Don't lift anything today.  And I wouldn't try anything but resting and waiting to go to the chiropractor.  You don't want to mess it up worse.  I've had this happen to me probably 3 or 4 times, and the chiropractor has always been able to help.  But be warned, once you start chiropractic care, it's hard to stop.  I still miss my chiropractor.

So In Love

Josh and Renata's Wedding

Planning Bio

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I've been to the chiropractor before when I was in a car accident 2 years ago so I know what you mean! I'm willing to do whatever it takes though and I can't really ice at work but I'll do that when I get home. Thanks!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    MrsBassPlayaMrsBassPlaya member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh, you're at work?  That just makes it all worse.  Bummer.  I'm sending you healthy wishes your way!

So In Love

Josh and Renata's Wedding

Planning Bio

• Options
    aligrossaligross member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Advil... NOT Tylenol (sp?) Take 2 if in a half an hour it doesn't start to relax take another one... Take some every 4 hours

Also, take and massage your own shoulders (once the advil kicks in) and see if you can't begin to relax your own muscles...

Take the Icy Hot patch off, the heat will only increase the pain and swelling that may be there!

As a person who has a spine that is backwards (weird I know) I completely understand what you are going through!

Hang in there until you can get to the chiropractor!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards