Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul

Honeymoon & rings XP

Since there are a lot of married ladies on here, you gals are some of the best to ask! FI and I are going to the Riviera Maya for our honeymoon. I've heard lots of suggestions about rings on the beach-- everything from leave them at home, to lock them in the room, to just keep wearing them. For any of you who had a beach HM, especially, what did you do? Is it common to leave the rings at home? It sounds silly, but I don't want to have to part with them. 
Photobucket

Re: Honeymoon & rings XP

• debbieupperdebbieupper member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Keep 'em on! I'm not sure why you would leave them behind, unless they were the wrong size and you were worried about them falling off or something. But in general: once you've got 'em on, keep 'em on! 
    Married and lovin' it!
    Our Wedding! (click.)
  • tpender13tpender13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you're doing something like snorkeling, or wandering aimlessly by yourself in a shitty neighborhood, I would lock them away to make sure they don't get lost/stolen. Otherwise I'd keep them on...
  • graysquirrelgraysquirrel member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My main concern was losing them at the beach or in the water. 
    Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    Our next door neighbors had a destination wedding in the Caribbean and the husband lost his ring while snorkeling!  I remember them talking about how they had known of other newlyweds that had similar experiences.  Luckily they are a very low key couple who could have a good laugh about it as the ring was affordable to replace.   Not sure I would be able to be so chill about that.  I guess the moral of the story is make sure those rings are properly sized, especially if you are doing lots of underwater activities.  
  • hkieslinghkiesling member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I didn't have my e ring and wedding band attached to each other for just this reason (plus, my ering was designed by my DH and the setting is very unique).  Whenever I travel, my ering (with the diamonds) stays home and I just wear my plain gold band.  Not so devestating if I lose it.
  • bellaxanthebellaxanthe member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you plan on snorkeling - just a warning, I have been told by multiple sources that some fish are attracted to shiny objects.  Barracudas, dolphins etc.  I took mine off and kept them in the safe. I also took them off when we went thru Belize City becuase I wasn't going to put another target on me. My BFF husband lost his on day 2 at the beach at a Sandals resort. Just use your judgement.
    photo c603d655-594e-44b6-a311-72f04e7a561b_zpscca2447c.jpg My Little Sweetheart Follow Me on Pinterest
  • debbieupperdebbieupper member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Good point about the snorkeling. They do generally tell you to take off your shiny jewelery, now that I think about it. 

Your hotel room will likely have a safe (if It doesn't, you should be able to request one), so you can plan to leave them in there when you really want to or need to.
    Married and lovin' it!
    Our Wedding! (click.)
  • lboerner88lboerner88 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I used to take mine off every time I played volleyball (which is four nights a week) but after several times of thinking that I lost it, I decided to stop taking it off. So now I never take it off and I don't plan to. So I personally wouldn't take it off just from personal experience. 
  • maybe984maybe984 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    When we were on our HM, I kept mine on MOST of the time, but took it off any time I was in planning on being in a pool or in the ocean.  I wasn't too worried about my wedding band slipping off... but I know my e-ring is just slightly loose on me... so I didn't want to chance it falling off. The room had a safe, so I just felt a lot better keeping them in there once in a while.
  • graysquirrelgraysquirrel member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks! I am very scared that we will either lose one or that it will get stolen. My rings are just a bit loose and I don't want the vacation ruined because I loose my precious. 
    Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards