Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul
Options

Axxium by Opi

I know this has been asked before but I can't seem to find it. Does anyone have any salon recs that do the Axxium manicure? TIA!

Re: Axxium by Opi

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Nail Montage in Maple Grove is awesome!  They also started offering the Shellac manicure, which I just got on Tuesday for a wedding on Saturday & it's holding up really well!  = )
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I don't know where you're located, but Happy Nails in St. Paul does it for $40.  And they do an awesome job! 
    BFP #3 July 2012 = EDD 4/1/2013
    BFP #2 May 2012 = loss at 4w3d
    BFP #1 January 2003 = 9 year old son

imageimage
    ? My BFP Chart
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I second Nail Montag if you are close. They always do a great job and made sure to do extra great for my wedding last wknd. :)
  • Options
    maybe984maybe984 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Salon Lili in Minnetonka does it as well. If you go, ask for Abby. She's awesome.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I just went to Nail Montage in Maple Grove yesterday for the first time. They did a great job. Two pieces of advice though, print the 20% off for first customer coupon from their website. Second if you want to keep your length say NO when they ask if you want them shorter. I made the mistake of saying yes and they cut my nails really short! I just wanted them a little shorter so they were more even. At least I have a couple months to grow them back and hopefully if I keep up with them they won't break. At least they are all the same length right now...

Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_minnesota-minneapolis-st-paul_axxium-opi?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:81Discussion:4e290f21-cdbe-4ac4-a7ec-c2ab6849a905Post:1bca6a47-de38-41a8-a0f8-bf37d13528c7">Re: Axxium by Opi</a>:
    [QUOTE]I just went to Nail Montage in Maple Grove yesterday for the first time. They did a great job. Two pieces of advice though, print the 20% off for first customer coupon from their website. Second if you want to keep your length say NO when they ask if you want them shorter. I made the mistake of saying yes and they cut my nails really short! I just wanted them a little shorter so they were more even. At least I have a couple months to grow them back and hopefully if I keep up with them they won't break. At least they are all the same length right now...
    Posted by EmilyCMN[/QUOTE]

Yep they are picky about french tip and nail length. I did the same thing and watched in horror as she cut mine really short. It was the time before getting them done for the wedding and they were the perfect length by then.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Shan my only comforting thought is exactly what you said, at least they are all the same length now and I have 2 month to grow them to the length I want!!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    tpender13tpender13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I went to Spalon Montage in Edina for Axxium and they did a great job!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I can't think of the name of the little nail salon, but it is right by Wal-Mart in St. Anthony, not far from 694 or 35W.  I went there for the first time last week and they did a great job.  $30 for the manicure.  I can't remember what brand of the gel polish they used.
  • Options
    newlyseliskinewlyseliski member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I did a gel manicure with french tips at Elite Nail Spa in Apple Valley!  I had purchased a groupon awhile back for a $14 gel manicure and only had to pay $5 extra for french tips.  I got it 11 days ago and it still looks great with the exception of a few tiny scratches on my right thumb from honeymoon hiking in the Rockies! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards