Ohio-Columbus

Cookware on Wedding Registry

I thought it would be fun and useful/helpful to start a little poll as my FI and I begin to register at B,B,&B and C&B. 

*What is your favorite cookware type and brand?
A. Stainless Steel
B. Non-Stick
C. Anodized
D. Copper
E. Cast Iron

Re: Cookware on Wedding Registry

• edited December 2011
    I like non-stick but my FI likes stainless. We registered for stainless with a few little non stick pots for me
  • edited December 2011
    I think we did non-stick or anodized. But, we are also planning on registering for a few cast iron pieces as well.
  • BCsGalBCsGal member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We got stainless steel pots, and nonstick skillets.  They are all Calphalon, and so far we are happy with them.  The stainless took some getting used to, as we had never cooked with them before. 
    Christina & Brandon - August 7, 2010 Anniversary
    My Planning Bio | My Married Bio | FOR SALE!
  • edited December 2011
    We registered for stainless and I love stainless so much more than our old nonstick! My favorite cookware (and the one we registered for/received for the wedding) is Calphalon Contemporary stainless and Le Cruset cast iron (but the Martha Stewart cast iron from Macy's is good, too). Yes, it can be difficult to clean stainless steel the first few times you use it but it cooks amazingly. To clean stubborn stuff, just soak for a little bit and/or use Bar Keeper's Friend. We kept a couple of our nonstick pans for things like eggs, but otherwise all our cookware is stainless. I'm also a fan of cast iron, but the sizes I have are for making soups/stews, or for frying. But I's love to get a cast iron skillet and grill pan to add. Think about what you want out of your cookware, and it's ok to register for a set of one type and mix in a couple other specialty or types of cookware.

• alishingleralishingler member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I got a set of non-stick calphalon contemporary and I love them so far, best cookware I have ever used. I also got a few stainless skillets as well as the martha stewart living cast iron. I heard the martha stewart can chip easily, but so far I haven't had any problems and I think it's fine if you follow the care and cleaning directions.

I would suggest choosing a set, either stainless or non-stick, depending on your preference, and then adding a few pieces of the type you don't choose. I would also suggest the cast iron dutch ovens, I like them better than using pyrex or corningware in the oven. And don't be afraid of the registering for the high priced cookware you really want, people like to go in together on gifts.
  • JMS842JMS842 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    How many are too many though with pans? I'm worried that we'll register for a set and then also for a few other speciality pans and pans then my cupboards will be exploding with every kind out there..... lol
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards