Ohio-Columbus
Options

Sexy Boudoir Session

Has anyone done a sexy boudoir session as a gift for their husbands?  I'm thinking about doing one, but I don't know if I'm comfortable being practically nude for someone other than my fiance!  Any advice?  I know he would love it!  Does anyone know a good place to go for this?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Sexy Boudoir Session

• Options
    JHS16JHS16 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I went to Columbus Boudoir:  http://columbusboudoir.com/

The studio was dark and comfortable, the photographer was very professional, and I went with two bridesmaids, so it was much easier to feel relaxed.  You can also bring mimosas, any CD you want, and wear as much clothing as you want.  I really liked it and can't wait to gift it to my FI!
  • Options
    katielea2katielea2 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_ohio-columbus_sexy-boudoir-session?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:112Discussion:5a465150-4daa-47df-98aa-0940af225667Post:e94afe1c-8d42-4afc-b3ac-9f02049f04aa">Re: Sexy Boudoir Session</a>:
    [QUOTE]I went to Columbus Boudoir:   <a href="http://columbusboudoir.com/" rel="nofollow">http://columbusboudoir.com/</a> The studio was dark and comfortable, the photographer was very professional, and I went with two bridesmaids, so it was much easier to feel relaxed.  You can also bring mimosas, any CD you want, and wear as much clothing as you want.  I really liked it and can't wait to gift it to my FI!
    Posted by JHS16[/QUOTE]

More personal question...how much did you pay?  Did they do your makeup?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Freckles27Freckles27 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just did mine last week with Jacobus Photography, specifically Rachel.  My session was $200, but that may have gone up.  And then I paid a day rate at the Lofts which was around $85 for 2 hours, which has awesome exposed brick and cute black and white bathrooms.  No makeup included, but I do okay on my own.
    My background:  I'm an only child and I have never been around nudity, so I'm not even comfortable naked in my own skin.  But I bought outfits that made me comfortable, like a baby doll outfit, one of FI's shirts, etc.  And granted the poses you get in can be uncomfortable (so you look good), but I ended up being SO comfortable doing it I wished we had more time!  It ends up being a lot of fun, and you definitely gain a new respect for underwear models, haha!
    I would highly recommend it.  I saw some of the photos on her camera and they took my breath away.  I know my FI will love it!  Especially since its totally not my personality.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I did a session with Reshon Photography - it was also at the Lofts. I paid about $350, which included the room for 2 hours, 4 changes, a good size album and all of the images on DVD. Getting the images was one of the reasons I picked them...not sure that you get that with Columbus Boudoir. I used the DVD to make a calendar and get prints inexpensively. Also, they are a married couple, which made me feel very comfortable. You could also bring a friend or anything else you needed to feel better about it.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Just did my session with Maria from IQ Foto - great time! Ericka Reid met me to do my makeup. Had only 1 girlfriend meet me there. Maria did a great job and I was very relaxed. I had a lot of fun and can't wait to see my photos.  My fiance is going to be blown away!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I did mine with Maria from IQ Foto too, but I heard somewhere that she doesn't do them anymore? Otherwise I'd recommend Leah Stafford.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Maria does do boudoir photos - she just doesn't book marathons anymore.  Brides are responsible for booking their own shooting location - but when I asked she was willing to do it at my house. I opted for a hotel room b/c I was going to split it but that fell through.  I heard that the Lofts downtown may rent for a couple of hours - Cambria  Suites in Polaris only does overnight rentals - kind of pricey - but great hotel rooms!  In the end I had a fabulous time and I recommend her.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards