Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul
Options

*aligross* and *mikenandi*

I know that the two of you have gotten B-pics done for your Fiancés. I've made an appointment and I am getting mine done on Friday. What are some tips/ideas that you could pass on to me would be great. Is there anything that you wish you would've done or been prepared for? I'm nervous and I am just trying to prepare myself and my nerves. Thanks for any help you can give me!
Anniversary

Re: *aligross* and *mikenandi*

• Options
    wittyschaffywittyschaffy member
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi - I'm not either of these two but I'm jumping in. I did some for my hubby's birthday this year and my recommendation is to practice your sultry faces in the mirror.  I didn't do that ahead of time and some of my faces I thought would be sultry just looked like I was pissed off.  :-P That being said, some of my faves were when I was just genuinely smiling - something happened funny or whatever and I just naturally laughed or grinned.  They were absolutely the best shots.

Also - don't be afraid of props!  I brought a strand of fake pearls (the really long ones from the not expensive section of Target) and they came in super handy!  I also grabbed a few of my pashminas and ended up using the bright red one in a few shots against my hubby's white button down shirt with a lacy black bra under it.  Black, white, and red - hello hot!  I had also "borrowed" one of DH's ties and have a sequence of shots when I was un-tying it.  I don't know if DH will ever wear that tie again without thinking about my half dressed pics in it!
  • Options
    aligrossaligross member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Jess - at first I was FREAKED out... thinking about it all (getting 80%+ naked in front of a stranger) but I asked my photographer if my best friend could join me which she did. The best tips I can suggest are first take a deep breath!
    While I was shooting in different poses what I thought about was my FI NOT that there was some woman in my face with a camera! I agree, test out some of your faces in the mirror! Also pose around naked/50% naked to prepare yourself. It really helped me to be comfortable in my own skin!
    Bring along a bunch of outfits/props for yourself - I agree with the whole man's wardrobe items, I took along Fi's tie & dress shirt.... ALSO I took along his sport's jerseys - I wore his MN Wild hockey jerseywith a lace bra and a really cute pair of soft red underpants and then used Fi's hockey stick, after seeing the photo along the lines of what witty said... YOW! I don't think Fi will ever be able to wear that jersey without thinking about those photos again!

So in the end, relax and have fun... this is as much for you as they are for him! ;)
  • Options
    aligrossaligross member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    OHHH the other thing that I did was get a spray tan - I used the excuse to Fi that I needed to see how I "reacted" to it for the wedding week :) it really helped me to even my skin color and make the photos that much better :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Ditto witty & Annie!

Make it something that you & FI will love.  I brought our bows, since both FI & I are bowhunters & also my favorite pair of jeans & my cowboy boots, as FI once said, "If you ever do pictures like that, I want one with just jeans & cowboy boots!"  He got it!  = )

You've just got to go in with an open mind & know that your photog is a professional & has seen EVERYTHING.  I've got some curves & have never felt so sexy & pretty!  It's all about highlighting what you like & covering what you don't. 

Most of all... Have fun!  It really was a blast & I would totally do it again someday!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Thank you so much guys!! I will totally practice my sultry faces. I did notice I have a pretty bad farmers tan and started to tan today..I know it's late but hopefully it will even out just a touch. You guys have some great ideas on how to make it personal so, I decided to make ours personal by taking my snowboard in..it might be a little awkward but hopefully they can work with that. Thanks again for all your help!!
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards