Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul

Additional Info Wording

Hey all-

I'm starting my invites! Doing pocketfolds and having 3 inserts (Additional Information, RSVP, and Reception).
On the "Additional Information" insert, I feel like I have so many things that should be said on this insert. I'll put a map on the back of the ceremony, reception, hotel... which are all within a 2 mile radius. Any ideas to make this flow better? Do I need to have turn by turn directions?

In the case of inclement weather, the ceremony may be moved to the reception site.
Please call ###-#### on the day of the wedding if weather is questionable.

There is a small parking lot adjacent to the ceremony site as well as street parking two blocks away. Please arrive early in case of parking problems.

A hotel block has been made for the following hotel.
Shuttles will be available from the reception site to the hotel.
Sheraton Midtown Minneapolis
2901 Chicago Avenue South
Minneapolis, MN 55407

Please refer to our website for additional information.
ourwebsite.weebly.com

Re: Additional Info Wording

• edited December 2011
    Ok and there are spaces in between... Wierd that it didnt show.. but there should be a space between the weather sentences, parking, hotel, website.
  • edited December 2011

If it were me, I would think about our guests when considering turn by turn directions. We included them because 60%ish of our Guests are OOT or from out of the Country/State and are very unfamiliar with the area. If you think your guests can figure it out than this could be something to skip - especially if you are including a map of the area.

As for th additional info---

I am not a wording person but I would consider something like this

In the case of inclement weather, the ceremony may be moved to the reception site. Please call ###-#### on the day of the wedding if weather is questionable.

However, if all things go as originally planned there is a small parking lot adjacent to the ceremony site as well as street parking two blocks away. Please allow extra time to find parking.

We used something like this for our hotel insert ::

Blank hotel
    Address of Hotel

has saved rooms for our guests. And will be providing a shuttles from the reception site back to the hotel. Please visit out site for instructions on how to book a room.

for additional information please visit www.XYZ.Com

I don't know how long your inserts are going to be but it seems like a lot of information to fit on one page.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards