Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul

Ceremony only sites in Minneapolis

Hi ladies - a little help for an "old" Knottie from 2006. A friend of mine is getting married in October and has a reception site booked in Minneapolis. She's looking, though, for a place to have the ceremony. She's looking for:

-Non-religious
-Can seat 200 people
-Indoors preferably, in case of October weather!

Any ideas? Preferably near downtown Minneapolis....

Thanks!

Re: Ceremony only sites in Minneapolis

• edited December 2011
    The Nazareth Chapel on Northwestern Campus is beautiful. We're having a non-regligious ceremony there, but there is a requirement that the ceremony be given by a minister registered in the state of MN, so you'd have to find a minister willing to perform a non-religious ceremony (which we've found several options!)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    I know it might creep some people out, but what about Lakewood's chapel? http://www.lakewoodcemetery.com/Weddings.html
  • LittleSweetieLittleSweetie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Check out the Minneapolis Bio, link in my signature.  Not sure if anything in there will help you, but it's a good resource.  Check the Ceremony/Reception sites as well (not just ceremony only) - they will do the ceremony there without the reception, potentially.

Also go to Bellagala's venue finder - they might spur some ideas as well.

Rev Tomkin Coleman has some recommendations here: 

Off the top of my head:
    - At her reception site (worth a shot to see if it's a possibility, though I'm sure you've thought of this)
    - Minneapolis City Hall
    - Central Library
    - Walker Art Museum
    - Weisman Art Museum

Our big girl, Cora, and our sneaky kitty, Roxy

Visit The Nest!Visit The Nest!
  • LinzstyleLinzstyle member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are having our ceremony at the Millennium Hotel.  It's a very cool site, but I think they only hold 160. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards