Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul
Options

Venue Issues...

So here's the deal, my wedding and reception are months apart.

The marriage itself is going to be small and intimate and soon, as we need to be married before my boy re-enlists in the military. So we are having a big to-do later on, maybe april or mayish of next year to celebrate with my family [as his is in CA].

We are very casual, and my mother and aunts and myself plus a cousin-chef, unlicensed in catering, will be doing all the cooking of snack/appetizer foods. I cannot find anywhere that will let me self-cater and will fit my 100 person guest list. We would like wine and champagne to be a part of the reception, but am willing to think about a real bartender. I don't need an elegant banquet hall, don't need tables to fit absolutely everyone as there will be dancing and no real dinner, and I don't want to spend a lot of money.

Any recommendations? Ideas? Help? Anything?

Re: Venue Issues...

• Options
    wittyschaffywittyschaffy member
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The only thing I can think of would be a park.  Honestly, the un-licensed caterer thing is probably going to screw you up most places because people don't want the liability if someone were to get sick. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Check out Murphy's Landing in Shakopee. I think a friend of mine had her reception there over the summer and they did their own food and alcohol. It's outdoors though -- so April/May might be chilly.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    three rivers park district locations let you bring your own food, with a few stipulations.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ditto KateComs.

We went with Three Rivers Park District.  Our reception was at the Elm Creek Park Reserve Chalet & we brought in all our own food & dessert.  It worked out great & we didn't have any issues with it at all!  = )

GL!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Look at Anoka County Parks. I know they allow unlicensed caterers. You can bring in your own alcohol but you have to get insurance.

This is where I was having my ceremony & reception:

http://www.anokacountyparks.com/facilities/riedel_farm.htm
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I second Elm Creek.  I haven't been there but I seriously considered it for my reception, but it was too far away from the church.  Looks like a gorgeous place!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards