Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul

hotels in St Paul?

Hello all!

I moved to Minnesota for college, and lo, I found my fiture husband here, as well. Not too long ago we moved to St. Paul, and we've decided to have our wedding at the Como Conservatory.

Despite living in the state for about 5 years, I am still a stranger to the St Paul locale. So if anyone has any great suggestions or helpful hints (or stories!) about good hotels and other places that are afforable for my out-of town guests to stay, I'd be much obliged!

Re: hotels in St Paul?

• edited December 2011
    oh, hi!  FI and I live right by Como Park... it's such a wonderful area!  We would have loved to get married at the Conservatory, but we just have too many guests....

back to your original question though- there aren't a whole lot of hotels right near here, that I've found.  I'd check the Roseville area for hotels; just make sure they have a shuttle for your guests!
  • hkieslinghkiesling member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Our guests stayed at the AmericInn in Oakdale. No, it wasn't right by the reception, but it is really close to Target, a grocery store, some fast food places, and some sit down restaurants.  It's very clean and right off of 94. The staff was great to work with.
     For our WI relatives (most of our guests), it was very easy to find.  Driving in the big city can be a little scary if you live in small towns, so having something right off the highway was key for them.  Also, they have wifi, a pool, a big free breakfast, and nice area to eat it in in the morning.  We stayed there our wedding night, and that morning the whole downstairs was filled with our family.  Plus the rooms were pretty reasonable at $79 each when we booked a block.
  • edited December 2011
    There is a Best Western at Bandana Square, which is on the southern edge of Como - http://book.bestwestern.com/bestwestern/productInfo.do?propertyCode=24130
    For other options I would check with the folks at Como, they probably have some additional hotels they work with regularly that they could recommend that are nearby and/or will provide shuttles for your guests.
    good luck!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • schmoodschmood member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You could also try the one right by Sears off 94 & Marion, the Kelly Inn.  I'm not sure what 'brand' of hotel it is right now, it has changed so many times.  The last thing I remember it was a Best Western.  It's not a far drive to Como and then they're close to downtown as well. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    We are getting married at Black Bear Crossings which is right on Como Lake. They recommended the Courtyard by Marriott in Roseville. It's about the same drive as having our guests drive into St. Paul, but they don't charge for parking and the room rates in Roseville are cheaper. They also offer a shuttle that we may consider for 8 hours at $350. Plus, it's really close to the mall for guests that want to shop, but not deal with the hassle of Mall of America. FI and I are thinking about staying at the St. Paul Hotel. I've heard that getting ready pictures turn out really well there.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Yes, the Kelly Inn by the capitol is run by Best Western. Their rooms are $99/night (plus tax) after the discounted rate. That's the least expensive hotel block for our guests. (Our other two blocks are the Hilton across from the Xcel, and the St Paul Hotel.)
  • LuswenLuswen member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You guys are awesome! So many ideas to look into... And the sooner, the better.

Thank again for all your suggestions!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards