Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul

Simplicity Gourmet

So I just received a message from a somewhat local phone number claiming to be a rep from Simplicity Gourmet. A woman says I've won a gift package. However, I don't recall entering to win anything from them... and upon checkin them out online, I found TONS of scam stories. Their website looks legit, but for all I know it could be a simple front designed to get people interested. Anyone know about this kind of thing?

Re: Simplicity Gourmet

• LittleSweetieLittleSweetie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you've gone to any bridal shows, the vendors can purchase your information to contact you.  If they call again, tell them you are not interested and they should take you off their list.  Throwing in that you're on the Do Not Call list doesn't hurt either!

ETA: David's Bridal also sells your information to their vendor network.
    Our big girl, Cora, and our sneaky kitty, Roxy

Visit The Nest!Visit The Nest!
  • edited December 2011
    I have a message from them today too!
  • kristigileskristigiles member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    yup just ignore it or they never leave you alone.  I'm pretty sure Davids Bridal gave them my info..
    August 14, 2010 image*PLANNING* *MARRIED*
  • edited December 2011
    I went to a bridal show in october where I signed up to "win" their free trip.  We decided to actually go to their show, and it wasn't *too* bad, although it is somewhat high pressure.  I'm kind of used to it though because I grew up going to Home Interiors and Pampered Chef parties every other month. We didn't purchase anything, and we got the voucher you're supposed to fill out to redeem for the free trip.  That part seems legit, but we haven't actually sent it in, so I can't say 100%.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • drdifabiodrdifabio member
    edited December 2011
    I actually responded to this and it was not a scam...at least not for the person who called me. I think I signed up at the Twin Cities Bridal fair and I think Davids Bridal gives them your info too like the PPs said.

They are a member of the Twin Cities Bridal Association so they are a reputable company - here is the link to them off the Twin Cities Bridal Association website http://twincitybridal.com/expert.aspx?parent=73&category=80&expert=1066

We have been to a few of these "events" because each one gives you something free. In total we have been to three (all diff companies) - the first one we got free aprons, the second one we got a free knife, and the third one we got free toasting flutes. You get a free meal too and we had the night off so we went.

The first one we did - for Simplicity Gourmet - comes to your home and cooks you dinner while trying to sell you their cookware. You dont have to buy anything if you dont want to so if you have the time and want a free meal do it.

If you have any other specific questions about it feel free to ask.
  • LuswenLuswen member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you for all of your responses! I was/am naturally sceptical about winning free things. Even moreso because I haven't registered with any David's Bridal stores, gone to any trunk shows, expos, or wedding fairs. It still boggles my mind as to how they got my cell phone number.

Next time they call, I'll simply say "please remove me from your call list."

Have a nice day!
  • laura_fettlaura_fett member
    edited December 2011
    I actually did this as well, the rep came out to our house, we had a nice meal for free! Our rep wasn't high pressure, just left some information, and that was it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards