Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul

Whats was/is your last song

Just curious what your last song was/is going to be at your reception?  FI wants September by Daughtry since we are getting married in September.. I want Days like this by Van Morrison.  Let's hear em!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Whats was/is your last song

• ktwagner21ktwagner21 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sorry I cannot type today!! What was/is  is what I meant
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I have wanted "the long day is over" by Norah jones for a long time for the last song.

• edited December 2011
    I have no idea, haha. It will probably be one of those things we think of when coming up with DJ lists...You have a lot of time, don't worry too much about it right now! :) Who knows, a song you love may come out in the next half a year or so that you want it to be. ;)
  • ogrady88ogrady88 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    "Dream a Little Dream of Me" The Mamas and the Papas preceded by "Dancing in the Moonlight"
  • edited December 2011
    We didn't have a real dance, but we existed the ceremony and entered the reception to "Everywhere" by Fleetwood Mac.  It'd work for a last dance, too :)
  • edited December 2011
    We did "Wonderful Tonightl" but at that point there were only about 20 people still there.  It was still special to DH & I though  :)
  • tpender13tpender13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We didn't plan a special song for this. I think the reception just kinda faded to an end, I couldn't even tell you what time we started tearing stuff down.

When I DJ'd weddings, if the couple didn't have something special picked, I'd sometimes play their first dance song again; that usually went over well. Either that or Prince's "Let's Go Crazy" ...
  • edited December 2011
    We're having "Don't Stop Believing!" 
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_minnesota-minneapolis-st-paul_whats-wasis-last-song?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:81Discussion:59b063bd-662b-4e4b-a194-f423aad06a0cPost:7ec212d6-2d4e-49b6-be07-085215c0c47e">Re: Whats was/is your last song</a>:
    [QUOTE]We didn't plan a special song for this. I think the reception just kinda faded to an end, I couldn't even tell you what time we started tearing stuff down. When I DJ'd weddings, if the couple didn't have something special picked, I'd sometimes play their first dance song again; that usually went over well. <strong>Either that or Prince's "Let's Go Crazy" ...</strong>
    Posted by tpender13[/QUOTE]

LOVE that idea! :)
  • lboerner88lboerner88 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yea we didn't pick our last song. I honestly couldn't tell you what it was. 
  • edited December 2011

Piano Man by Billy Joel, I kind of thought everyone could gather in a big circle and dance and sing!
    ~Casey
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards