Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul

NWR: Fitness Center/Pilates Recs?

So, I have a Lifetime membership that I'm planning to cancel, since I can't actually go to my nearby club anymore without upping my membership (they abruptly changed it from a Gold to a Platinum club) and I just can't justify spending like $80 per month on it.

Anyone have any recommendations for a fitness center that's a bit more affordable? I'm not big on the idea of the 24-hour Fitness type places... just because I don't know that I would actually be motivated to go. I need something where I feel embarrassed if the receptionist can see it's been a month since I've been in ;-)

I'd really like to find somewhere with a good Pilates class. I've been doing Physical Therapy for some back and joint issues, and it's highly Pilates-based... and sooooo awesome. Therefore, once I'm done with PT, I want to keep going on the Pilates track.

Anyone have any recommendations in the western suburbs?

Re: NWR: Fitness Center/Pilates Recs?

• TCbride1TCbride1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I go to LA Fitness and I really like it!
    It's kind of in between a Lifetime & one of those 24hr fitness places. It's not as fancy as Lifetime, but it does have a lot of group fitness classes like Pilates, Cycle, Aerobics, etc. Plus I only pay $39/month, and get $20 back from my health care provider if I go 12x a month (but that rarely happens, haha).

Not sure where you're located, but they have quite a few around the Twin Cities and are growing fast.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I used to belong to the Ridgedale YMCA and loved it! The only reason I cancelled my membership is because I switched jobs and it was no longer convenient to go after work.

I fell in love with the Bodypump and Bodyflow classes while going there. You'd probably really like Bodyflow, since it's a combination of Pilates, yoga and meditation - I always felt incredible after class!
    Anniversary
  • MplsBride12MplsBride12 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am a Y member, and I really love it. I have gone to a few different locations and have had great experiences with all of them. I have not done any group classes, but I see big turn-outs for all of them. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards