Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul

Uplighting

Is anyone doing this? and who are you using for the rental, and approximately how much is it costing?

Re: Uplighting

• edited December 2011
    I'm doing it and my venue provides it for $19 a light.... I think the room needs 6-9 lights. I know that there are several places in the Twin Cities that can provide it. I know this isn't much help, but I'm sure you'll get some other great responses on here!
  • Sarahsue1684Sarahsue1684 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

At the refuge in Oak Grove i beileve it was $500-$600. We chose to skip it. Plus we have really pretty beams and didnt really want to cover that up after we looked into it more and saw it the draping and lighting from another wedding that had it.

• edited December 2011
    Midwest Sounds & Lights! Their prices are pretty reasonable. Up to $400 depending on the venue and how many lights you need.
  • ktwagner21ktwagner21 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are using our DJ midwest sound.  I think its 195 for the head table which is 6 lights.  Then they will work with your budget to light up the room.  I think its 40 a light but I'm not positive.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    We're working on this right now with Instant Request. It was 16 lights for $760
  • edited December 2011

We used www.wevegotitcovered.net

It was about $40 per light and included the set up.

• edited December 2011
    wow I guess I am surprised at some of the prices- I don't have a lot of $ to put towards these lights, but I love the effect they can have on a place. I found a place that rents the non-LED type for 12 bucks a piece, so I was thinking of trying that out. 

I am also not sure how many I should get for my space but I cant imagine any more than 10 or 12. thanks for the info!
  • edited December 2011
    those non LED ones can get hot, so if you have lots of kids you might want to reconsider.
    We are also using Midwest for 20 lights and are payin $just over $800.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards