Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul

Day-of-Coordinators?

Has anybody booked or had any experience with a DOC here in the twin cities?  If so, what range was the price in?  Our wedding is basically planned, I just want someone to coordinate logistics on the big day. 

I emailed one and was floored by her price ( />$2k).  I would love to have one, but no way can afford that.  I'm hoping I just found the one super expensive one.

Re: Day-of-Coordinators?

• I have loved working with Ashley of Simply Elegant! She is the most affordable i found and I have feeling of peace ever since we signed with her. And she has great contracts with a ton of vendors so you can get major discounts through her!
  • I ditto Simply Elegant Bridal Consulting! We lucked out and got Ashley as our coordinator, too. LOVE HER! She is SO wonderful!

Her basic day-of package is right around 1k, but that includes vendor meetings several weeks before the wedding, all day-of duties, and access to her MANY preferred vendors. I've saved almost 2000 already through her! Their company motto is to save you MORE than they cost, so that's way awesome.
  • vlmclainvlmclain member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited January 2013
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_minnesota-minneapolis-st-paul_day-of-coordinators-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:81Discussion:63cf0497-f23b-4fc4-9292-9cd74ba1cdf3Post:1e5f0d61-09f6-42fe-a267-2c281a4c7fec">Day-of-Coordinators?</a>:

We also booked Ashley Henry from Simply Elegant Bridal Consulting and she is GREAT!  My daughters wedding isn't until 2014, but she has already answered so many questions for us and really made my daughter relax a lot more. Her prices are very reasonable, they start at $1095 for the day - but that includes a lot more. We checked other coordinators prices and they ranged from $1000 to $3000 for a DOC. She is very helpful in finding ways to save money and still have a high quality wedding. We also have saved several hundred dollars (and probably more than her fee by the time of the wedding).

My nephew got married two years ago and my family helped with arrangements the day of his wedding, including flowers, favors, chairs, etc.  My mother and I almost missed my nephews wedding because of all the things that happened at the last minute and I didn't want to miss my own daughters wedding.  Now that I know you can save enough from using preferred vendors to pay the cost of a DOC, I don't know why everyone doesn't have one! Simply Elegant website <a href="http://www.simplyelegantbridalconsulting.com/" rel="nofollow">http://www.simplyelegantbridalconsulting.com/</a> .

[QUOTE]Has anybody booked or had any experience with a DOC here in the twin cities?  If so, what range was the price in?  Our wedding is basically planned, I just want someone to coordinate logistics on the big day.  I emailed one and was floored by her price ( />$2k).  I would love to have one, but no way can afford that.  I'm hoping I just found the one super expensive one.
    Posted by lamoeller[/QUOTE]
  • I have been working with Jamie at Fabulous Functions and she is awesome!  I choose her for many reasons but particularly becuase of the very reasonable cost and also her enthusiasm about weddings - it makes you even more excited : ) I live out of state and she has been really helpful with making sure I feel comfortable with everything and that I haven't missed anything .  Her packages are very reasonable - just DOC starts at $600 which is shocking for much she does : )  She also has other packages if you wanted her services for just a month before your wedding too.  Her contact is: 

Good luck!
  • Check out Jen and Jenea with Rosetree Events!! I recently met with them and they are so reasonable and super enthusiastic!!! I'm so excited to work with them!
  • When is your wedding? I have done DOC in the past and would strike a deal with you....I'll do yours if you do mine?!   My wedding is very small and is in August.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards