Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul

Engagement party

So im planning my BF engagement party... I made invites.. ( im printing them on good paper and sending them) and also we have a possible venue to have it. But my question is we are having it on a sunday around 3pm. And it will be semi big. Friends and family. (since they are planning their wedding now!) and  i want to know should we be planning any games or any traditions that go along with this?

BTW we are planning t have Apps for food. And for drinks is bloody marys ( for a sunday!) and pop . 

Thought of getting champange but is that too much?

Any other ideas would be great! also planning to decorate with her wedding colors!

Re: Engagement party

• FutureMrsS13FutureMrsS13 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Also i wanted to get a banner for them.. know of a place that i could order one?
  • mand0114mand0114 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You can get a banner from Vistaprint.com - either free or really cheap - and they are good quality. 

We didn't have any games at our either of our engagement parties {we had one with families and one with friends} - people just mingled, got to know each other {our familes hadn't met yet} and hung out. We had food & music {just an ipod playing} and it was perfect! I feel like if there are going to be a lot of people there, games aren't necessary. There should be plenty of people there to mingle around. 

Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards