Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul
Options

Airbrush Makeup?

Wanting to hear from those who used/are going to use airbrush makeup and what your thoughts of it are...recomend using it or not? Any advice would be greatly appreciated!!! :)

Re: Airbrush Makeup?

• Options
    dream2011dream2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would also like to ask a question regarding this. For those of you have extremely oily skin, did this work out good for you?
    I have extremely oily skin and was thinking abut doing this, but afraid what it might look like when the "oil" starts to show.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I have really oily skin and that is why I chose the airbrush with Smart & Chic...it was great, hardly ever needed to use any powder to touch up, and would normally be doing that about every hour. I would recommend it!
  • Options
    Bimbi284Bimbi284 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    LOL....I have really oily skin, and that is why I chose NOT to do the airbrush with S&C. I had the airbrush done at my trial just to see if it would work out for me, and within like 40 min or so, I was shiny/oily and the makeup was kind of orangey or "off", making me look kind of muddy.

When I do my own makeup with all of my potions and powders (lol), I can go for a few hours without getting that oily, and I'm never discolored. So because of that, I decided that the airbrush was just not for me, so we did regular makeup instead.

If you really are interested, I recommend doing a trial with it first to see how your skin reacts. 
  • Options
    brink131brink131 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have fairly oily skin and asked to try out the airbrush at my trial last week with Smart and Chic. I really liked the look and feel of it and thought it wore pretty well throughout the rest of the day. When I was talking about how I had heard some pretty mixed reviews on airbrushing with Cathi B., my stylist, she said people who have problems with it were probably given the wrong formula type for their skin type. So just be sure to explain really well exactly what your skin does, and where and how much it gets oily and hopefully your stylist will be able to match the right formula for you.
  • Options
    tkroll62tkroll62 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would also consider my skin oily.  I did a trial with airbrush and the make up was nice but I did not like how it looked as the day went on.  It looked like I had make up caked on my end of day.  It also made me look very "fake" and un natural.  Good luck with you decision!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I was just in a wedding and the bride hired a make-up artist who used an airbrush.  I felt like I was caked in make-up and I felt so un-natural and not beautiful.  I also felt like the other bridesmaids looked fake and plastic-like as well.  I ended up wiping all mine off and re-applying my own make-up. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards