Ohio-Columbus

Out of town gift bags?

Are you creating an out of town gift bags for your guests staying at hotels? What are you putting in them? The only idea i've had so far is to contact some of the local business around the hotel and talk to the manager what i'm doing and see if I can get some discount coupons for my guests. Like a free drink at a coffee shop etc. Maybe a 10% off at the Bob Evans next to the hotel. After that i'm kinda lost?? Any idea's?

Thanks,
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Out of town gift bags?

• edited December 2011
    Maybe bottles of water and some snacks for the guests to have in their rooms.  Maybe also some maps and a list of things to do if there is alot of time between the ceremony and reception or if they will be here for multiple days.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • osugrassyosugrassy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just did them and I had water, various snacks, a couple of maps that I got from the Chamber of Commerce, and a little thank you for coming note! 
    Everyone loved them! 
  • edited December 2011
    I'm planning on doing them as my whole family is OOT.  I have no idea what I will eventually put into them, but I always hear you should add localfoods and things, so I would suggest putting in some Buckeyes or something.  I'm also not originally from OH, so, there may be some other good local things that I can't think of.
    I think bottled water is also a good idea.  Bonus if you can find a cheap way to make those cool little labels!  Another thought, is to get one of those reusable shopping bags so your guests can take them with them and reuse it. 
  • mandies2happymandies2happy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_ohio-columbus_out-of-town-gift-bags?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:112Discussion:632a5b3c-d2fb-4a4e-9d4e-fd82cabfb328Post:53b4dd48-7864-4596-bbae-8a0ccbeeb04c">Re: Out of town gift bags?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm planning on doing them as my whole family is OOT.  I have no idea what I will eventually put into them, but I always hear you should add localfoods and things, so I would suggest putting in some Buckeyes or something.  I'm also not originally from OH, so, there may be some other good local things that I can't think of. I think bottled water is also a good idea.  Bonus if you can find a cheap way to make those cool little labels!  Another thought, is to get one of those reusable shopping bags so your guests can take them with them and reuse it. 
    Posted by nnoble4[/QUOTE]

Oh thanks for the reusable bag idea, I don't have too many OOT guests so I'm thinking I could sew them myself to add to the savings and to make sure they are really cute :) I've got 4 coming in from sweden and 4 or 6 coming in from canada so I think I could knock out 10 handmade guest bags by then. Thanks again for the great ideas.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I am using reusable grocery bags so they can actually reuse it.
    I'm adding:
    bottled water
    buckeyes
    an apple or something healthy
    my step mother is making her deeelish choc chip cookies
    thank you note for coming and a note that we are all having brunch across the street the next day

and I'm not sure what else but my fam is all OOT and his is too.
  • edited December 2011

You could also add little things that people alway forget at home when traveling... Maybe toothbrushes and toothpaste shampoo some stuff like that.

• osumegsosumegs member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I believe Cheryl and Co is a local business as well. Depending on how long your guests will be in town, a schedule of weekend events typed out would be nice to include. That could be anything from your wedding events to local happenings (a farmer's market if they like that type of thing, gallery hop, etc). Also, including copies of shuttle information, etc, may be nice. I don't know how many times I've forgotten something so basic when traveling!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards