Ohio-Columbus

Venue Reviews Needed!!

Hi there,
My fiance and I are trying to decide between the below venues for an outdoor ceremony (hopefully, weather permitting) and a reception next late summer/fall. Our biggest priorities include a rustic, outdoor feel for the ceremony and being in fairly close proximity to accomodations for guests,... oh and not spending a ridiculous amount of money on this.

We welcome any reviews of the below venues!!

1. The Darby House
2. The Columbus Zoo
3. Dawes Arboretum
4. Camp Mary Orton
5. Cheers Chalet
6. Grange Audobon Center

Thanks so much!!

Re: Venue Reviews Needed!!

• Im getting married at Cheers Chalet in the lakeside building, my wedding is in April but everytime I have a question with anything, i call and anyone who answers is always willing to help or get me someone who can help. Its cheaper than a lot of venues, and everything is included. Im super happy with how they are so helpful. i know this probably isnt exactly what your looking for, but customer service these days isnt the greatest! ;) good luck!!! picking the venue was the hardest part for us!
  • Another barn venue is Liberty Barn Church on Home Road and 315.
  • KatiePDXKatiePDX member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited October 2012
    Thanks so much for your response! Choosing a venue is definitely our biggest stressor too. We have a tour set up next weekend with Cheers, which should help. It looks goregous! The only thing is my fiance and I live out of state and wont get to sample their food. Did you get to do this? If so, how is it?

I haven't heard of the Liberty Barn Church, so we'll have to check it out. Thanks for passing on the thought!

Thanks again and congratulations!!

n Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_ohio-columbus_venue-reviews-needed?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:112Discussion:671def6e-f04d-4767-91b7-152733af6e47Post:4f2d24d7-1cd4-4e8e-a277-cca449b2e9cd">Re: Venue Reviews Needed!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Im getting married at Cheers Chalet in the lakeside building, my wedding is in April but everytime I have a question with anything, i call and anyone who answers is always willing to help or get me someone who can help. Its cheaper than a lot of venues, and everything is included. Im super happy with how they are so helpful. i know this probably isnt exactly what your looking for, but customer service these days isnt the greatest! ;) good luck!!! picking the venue was the hardest part for us!
    Posted by dani1361[/QUOTE]
  • MynewcutieMynewcutie member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited October 2012
    I personally did not like Cheers Chalet and thought their food was ok but nothing special. I have heard wonderful things about weddings at the Columbus Zoo, you get an animal preview and actually get to pet animals. They ask you what animals you love and which ones you really don't like.  I have toured Darby House and it has a lot of charm, their caterer is Cameron Mitchell which if you have not had their food it is amazing! Also, Dawes is a gorgeous place to get married but the room for the reception is very ugly and boring. I ended up not choosing Dawes for that reason. In addition to, there is no room to get ready in. The reception room is also through their main lobby which passes a huge gift shop it just threw me off.
  • I went and saw the darby house, it was really pretty and would be beautiful for a early fall wedding becuase the back drop is trees, it was way to expensive for us though, but it was definitely pretty. 

The autoban would be pretty, it has a good city view, but just FYI, we live down there and go to the park there and everytime we go there are people like laying naked and peeing. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards