Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul

Groom's dinner in St. Paul

We want to have the groom's dinner in St. Paul.  My FI and his family and friends are from Alabama so I would love to have it in a historic place or by the water to show them the best of St. Paul.  Any suggestions for places that are unique?
Thanks!

Re: Groom's dinner in St. Paul

• edited December 2011
    Im not sure if this is what you are looking for but it not to far from excel. We had ours at Degidios (SP?) Awesome! Great price and you have your own room and your own bar and bartender. We were really happy with it.
  • Clare13Clare13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We looked at many different St. Paul locations.
    The Happy Gnome
    The Lexington
    Forepaugh's
    DeGideo's
    Sweeney's Bar and Grill
    Great Waters Brewing Company
    The Germanic American Institute
    Joseph's Grill

Each one of these has their own benifits.  We actually ended up going with Axel's in Mendota.  It fit our requirements the best.  But I have to say The Happy Gnome and The Lexington were both booked on our date.  Have fun looking. 
  • NuggetBrainNuggetBrain member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The Downtowner is another good one - they have their own little banquet room in the back with a fireplace and a projection screen.  Plus, since it's right by downtown St. Paul it's a nice walk to get to Irvine Park, wander around Downtown, get some drinks at a bar..

If I wanted to hear the pitter-patter of little feet, I'd put shoes on the cat. image

• Clare13Clare13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Two more to add to the list...
    The Bonfire on Grand Ave
    Dixi's on Grand
  • edited December 2011
    We're having ours at Axel's Bonfire on Grand. All of FI's family and friends are OOT, and I thought that this was a good location -- Bonfire has dueling pianos on Friday nights, and people can head across the street to Billy's On Grand, which has a nice outdoor patio.

Our wedding is very romantic and formal, so I like the relaxed/Southwest atmosphere at Bonfire to loosen things up a bit.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards