Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul
Options

bubbles?

If we are doing a receiving line after our ceremony, would it be worth it for us to have bubbles for our exit or would most guests already have left by the time we're ready to leave?  I'm going back and forth about having them or not and I would love some opinions!  thanks!
August 14, 2010 image*PLANNING* *MARRIED*

Re: bubbles?

• Options
    IzzygrimIzzygrim member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're not having them, mostly for two reasons. First, I'm just not a big fan of the typical bubble thing and it doesn't really work at our venue anyway. Second, I'm kinda in the camp of people that would prefer not to hang around the outside of a church for a half hour in the sun waiting for the B and G to greet a couple hundred guests.  I'm always totally willing to do it though because if that's what the B and G want, that's fine. IMO it kinda depends on how many guests you will have and how long you expect the receiving line to be.

I say if you want them, you should go for it. If you're kind of feeling so-so about them, they may not be worth the time, money, and waste. Though if you think it will make your exit more special or memorable, definitely go for it.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    hkieslinghkiesling member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We did sparklers instead of bubbles.  The receiving line only took about 20 minutes for 100ish people, so I don't think people were waiting too long. We had quite a few stick around.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    One of my friends had bubbles at her wedding and it was a hit!  It was a fairly large wedding too (I'd guess 250-300 people) and she had her nieces and nephews hand them out at the end of the receiving line.  I was really surprised how many people did stick around and she got some awesome pictures.  I think if you have some one hand them out, instead of leaving in a basket for them to grab, that might make a difference too.
    imageimage
    Born 37w4d on 09/27/11 - 5lbs 10oz 19 inches
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    hkieslinghkiesling member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We had the FGs and BMs hand out sparklers and GM hand out lighters.  It went very smoothly.
  • Options
    kristigileskristigiles member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    ooh good thought....  I think I'll have a few people handing out bubbles at the end of the receiving line, then maybe they'll get the picture and stick around for a few more minutes! Thanks!
    August 14, 2010 image*PLANNING* *MARRIED*
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards