Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul

Florist Recs

Found pretty much everything for our wedding. Now looking into floral. 
Wondering who you used? Doesn't matter price, I still want to look at every option. 

Thanks! :)
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Florist Recs

• Lisa B. with Forget Me Not Floral and Events in Burnsville. She's been so great to work with!
    Halloween
  • Deven Nelson!!!  She has a great eye and flare for florals and arrangements.  My favorite vendor!
    "All that I'm after is a lifetime of laughter, as long as I'm laughing with you"
    Photobucket
    Anniversary
    Photobucket
    My Crafting Blog
    Married Bio
  • I am working with Christine's Floral Touch. She is out of Bloomington.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I used Jeni from Simply Stated Elegance.  She's very reasonably priced, and my flowers were gorgeous on my wedding day.  I don't have any pics of them at the moment, otherwise I would show you.  I highly recommend her.  On our initial meeting we actually went to a florat wearhouse and picked out flowers that I thought would look good in a bouquet.  Then she just ran with the ideas we talked about and came up with something fantastic.

http://www.simplystatedelegance.com/about.html

So In Love

Josh and Renata's Wedding

Planning Bio

• I'm using Flowers by Jackie.  She met with my mom and I and was super nice and helpful in coming up with ideas and then provided a full quote at the appt.  She also has a lot of great reviews on Wedding Wire.

I also met with Paeonia Floral and was NOT impressed.  A lot of their pricing is estimates, and they didn't seem to put as much work into the consultation.  Also, the person who was supposed to do the consult broke her foot the day before, and didn't bother to have anyone call  me to reschedule, so the person at the shop had to pinch hit for her.
  • I also used Jeni from Simply Stated Elegance...loved her and the flowers came out perfect.
  • Anna with Bumblebee Floral! She was amazing, nailed my vision (which was impressive considering I had to do all my consultations via email as I was out of state), was very reasonably priced and was super fun to work with on top of everything. Link to her page in my bio. :)
  • Thanks everyone! I found a ton of great new people I didn't know existed!

Cackle, I'll have to check her out since I decided to go with Elisabeth Ann since I always saw your pix! Thanks!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_minnesota-minneapolis-st-paul_florist-recs?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:81Discussion:988a6cce-916c-4d92-90cc-86052c36b5aaPost:9717bc1e-d7fa-440b-8f15-bad9e07ce609">Re: Florist Recs</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thanks everyone! I found a ton of great new people I didn't know existed! Cackle, I'll have to check her out since I decided to go with Elisabeth Ann since I always saw your pix! Thanks!
    Posted by ShelbyGT21[/QUOTE]

<div>Awww, yay! Elise was amazing, we really loved working with her and her pics were beautiful! Glad that you got to see ours! Let me know if you want to see more, I can PM you the website.</div><div>
    </div><div>Anna isn't as well known as some of the others listed here, but she has a lot of weddings under her belt, and she really is just so sweet and was really fun to work with. I LOVED my bouquet, and wish I had gotten it preserved. I might have to order one on my anniversary or something, lol. :)</div>
  • HI!

I also used Jeni from Simply Stated Elegance.  She was great.  I gave her the colors I wanted and let her work her magic.  She did an incredible job on all the flowers. 

She also provided the flowers that were used to decorate the cake.  We got a lot of compliments!  Good luck!
  • I see a lot of posts about Jeni from Simply Stated Elegance and unfortunately I interviewed her and was pretty disappointed.  I felt like she wasn't listening to what I was looking for, she was pushing me towards things I didn't want and I felt like I couldn't tell her no.  But everyone is different and she has done some weddings for other people I know and they really enjoyed working with her.  I opted to go with Kari from KMB floral and a friend of mine did as well.  I am not getting married until 6/2013 so obviously I haven't seen my flowers yet but she was super easy to work with, her prices were great and she really made sure I was getting what I wanted rather than what she thought I should want.  The flowers she put together for my friend's wedding in September were beautiful and they held up great. 
  • I used Colleens Flower Cellar for my 10/27 wedding and loved her!  The flowers were beautiful and she was very reasonably priced.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_minnesota-minneapolis-st-paul_florist-recs?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:81Discussion:988a6cce-916c-4d92-90cc-86052c36b5aaPost:3c138fb9-d270-4457-b8a8-1db120a84689">Re: Florist Recs</a>:

I know that jeni is direct and that she wants to get the most bang for your buck as far as flowers go.  I went in having a bunch of flowers in mind that I had no idea they of course are the most exspensive ones.she showed me alternatives that looked similar but where a huge cost savings.  If you want exactly what you want and don't care about costs...just tell her but I loved how she was out there to help save me money and work within my not so large budget.  I loved working with her and got amazing flowers.  I couldn't have asked for more.

[QUOTE]I see a lot of posts about Jeni from Simply Stated Elegance and unfortunately I interviewed her and was pretty disappointed.  I felt like she wasn't listening to what I was looking for, she was pushing me towards things I didn't want and I felt like I couldn't tell her no.  But everyone is different and she has done some weddings for other people I know and they really enjoyed working with her.  I opted to go with Kari from KMB floral and a friend of mine did as well.  I am not getting married until 6/2013 so obviously I haven't seen my flowers yet but she was super easy to work with, her prices were great and she really made sure I was getting what I wanted rather than what she thought I should want.  The flowers she put together for my friend's wedding in September were beautiful and they held up great. 
    Posted by jpawlik01[/QUOTE]
  • Just Bloomed- Jackie Just
    La Petit Fleur- Carra Otten & Jessica Leopold
    With Fleurish- Joan Fox
    A Day in Provence - Tara Bailie
    Botanical Artistry by Summer Harsh- Summer DeMers

All of these ladies are not "cheap" but very talented!!
  • Lisa forget me not floral and events!! She's simply a rockstar!!!!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_minnesota-minneapolis-st-paul_florist-recs?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:81Discussion:988a6cce-916c-4d92-90cc-86052c36b5aaPost:06f2d02e-0da9-4ac3-89c9-3d73e1fac02f">Florist Recs</a>:
    [QUOTE]Found pretty much everything for our wedding. Now looking into floral.  Wondering who you used? Doesn't matter price, I still want to look at every option.  Thanks! :)
    Posted by ShelbyGT21[/QUOTE]

<div>We used Bachman's in Richfield and our flowers were absolutely GORGEOUS!  They were really helpful, as I changed my mind completely about three times throughout the planning, and they never made me feel bad.  My photographer said that they were the most beautiful flowers he's seen, we couldn't have asked for anything more!</div>
    PersonalMilestone
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards