Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul

Florist Recommendations -- what is the price range for centerpieces and bouquets?

Hi all,

I'm working on choosing vendors for various things...moving on from venue and caterer to decor now!

I have no idea where to start with florists. How much do centerpieces for 35 tables cost? Can you quote price ranges for cheap/basic cenerpieces, mid-range centerpieces, expensive ones?

Also, I'm guessing the type of flower plays a role in the cost...what are your suggestions for cost-effective but still classy centerpieces. I was hoping for a deep red theme with red roses. Am i crazy?

Thanks!!

Re: Florist Recommendations -- what is the price range for centerpieces and bouquets?

• If you stay with flowers that are in season it will be cheaper. Mine are running $35 a piece for a square cube vase with white hydrangeas and blue cornflower accents.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • For our wedding in May we had pink roses and green hydrangeas in our centerpieces, and I think they were $75 each.  My bouquet was about $150, and I think the girls bouquets were about $75.  All of the bouquets were roses only.  I would say our centerpieces would fall in the upper end of the mid-range category- we got a quote from one florist that was like double what we paid, and that to me would have been crazy expensive.  The bouquets seemed fairly standard from quote to quote, they all were similar in cost.  We could have done it cheaper by adding in less expensive flowers, but they were so gorgeous with just roses.  Flowers made a big dent in our wedding costs.

FYI- We went with Bachmans for a florist and they were really helpful and the flowers were gorgeous.  I actually completed changed my mind after signing the contract, and they were very willing to sit down with me and figure out a new plan after I changed my mind.  I would definitely find someone that you can communicate with and that can show you different arrangements so you can see what it might look like.  I would recommend Bachmans again in a heartbeat FWIW.
    PersonalMilestone
    Anniversary
  • I am glad you had a good experience at Bachman's. I went in for a consultation and was so turned off by the whole thing. The lady was a slow typer  and thought it was funny(minor I know) but did not offer me any portfolio's to look at and asked me what I thought a good price for my boquet would be. Her overall presentation was not very professional. I emailed their customer service department the next day and heard back that they would give me a 10% discount if I came back for a consultation with someone else. I could have done a cake with them but not gotten a discount on the cake, just a discount on extra decoration. The amount I am paying for the florist I did book is comparable to what I would have paid at Bachman's after the discount so it wasn't worth it to me to go back.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • That's odd- I guess it just depends on who you meet with?  When we went they actually pulled all the flowers and literally arranged them in front of me, so I guess I didn't necessarily look at pictures, but she put together a bunch of different combinations and then I picked them all apart, saying what I liked or didn't like together.  I did meet with two different women and didn't like the first one, but thought the second was great.  Bummer you didn't have a good experience, but glad you found someone else!  Happy planning :)
    PersonalMilestone
    Anniversary
  • We are making our own, I think it will be fairly easy, and they should look beautiful. I am also going with dark red roses, accented with a lighter green rose. I am getting Ikea vases (vasen style) @ $2 each. Then we are buying all Roses from Las Rosas in Minneapolis & they are also making our bouquet and boutonniere. The owner's family owns a Rose farm in Ecuador. www.lasrosasmn.com.  We met with the owner recentlty and he gave us a lot of options, he will also make the centerpieces for you if you wish. Our centerpieces should come out to less than $20 each, which I think is a steal for roses!
  • I met with Lindsey with The Enchanted Lily (http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=62148463584  http://www.projectwedding.com/vendor/show/the-enchanted-lily) and she's really great.

She works out of her home now, after years of working in flower shops, so her prices are pretty reasonable that way. She exclusively does wedding flowers. We planned out some pretty elaborate centerpiece options with lots of greenery, multiple flower types, etc and it was still only $35-45 each. But in favor of not blowing the budget, she was able to come up with options closer to the $15-25 each range, which is perfect!

My only advice is to make sure to clue the florist in on your budget.
  • We're using Florals by Jackie.  She's a super sweet lady and was very open to my ideas and budget and was able to make helpful suggestions.  And, she even won over my mom during our consult, which is not an easy thing to do.  Her pricing was less than the quote I got from Paeonia (my consult with them was awful), and she delivers everything herself and sets it all up at the venue.  
  • I'm using Luna Vinca. She's been very open and has been easy to work with so far. Definitely the friendliest of the three florists I looked at (I also looked at Bachmann's and Appleblossom Flowers). What I found for me is that all florists had very similar pricing strategies for the flowers I'm looking for. It purely came down to who I felt most comfortable with and who was most open to my budget.
  • I used Jeni at SImply Stated Elegance...she as great to deal with, had great pricing that was way less than other florists and the flowers were stunning.

www.simplystatedelegance.com

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards